Help haha (General)

by ritpetite @, New Zealand, Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 17:51 (2587 days ago)

Hello
I have been trying to find out the surname of Israel Haile, my 4th Gr Grandfathers wife Susannah. They may not have married but would still like to know it. I have been looking for it for many years. Doesn't help when spellings change of course. Hale/Hailes.

The first I hear of her is when she had her first child Mary Hale baptised Westbury on Severn

Year: 1802
Month: Jul
Day: 11
Parents_Surname: HALE
Child_Forenames: Mary
Fathers_Forenames: Israel
Mothers_Forenames: Susannah

By the way your readers may be interested to hear that from this humble person ie Israel, stems a family history, which I have discovered, going back to Kings, Queens, princes, Knights Templar and weird names such as Troth Slaughter. I have had such fun like eating away at a packet of yummy biscuits, each biscuit representing a surname. Of course I don't stick to the male side or I wouldn't be back as far. Just have to fine tune it and get dates right. Very exciting. Oh and I don't need to do a DNA test as I know that I have Spanish, French, Scottish, English, Polish & Viking blood running through my veins.

Thank you for your help, Rita from downunder who originated from upover.

Help haha

by ChrisW @, Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 18:55 (2587 days ago) @ ritpetite

Hi Rita

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was this one? Or you just might cry!

Record_ID: 21547
Entry_Number: 157
Year: 1795
Month: [not stated]
Day:
Grooms_Surname: illegible
Grooms_Forenames: illegible
Grooms_Age:
Groom_Condition: not stated
Grooms_Occupation:
Grooms_Residence: otp Westbury
Grooms_Fathers_Surname:
Grooms_Fathers_Forenames:
Grooms_Fathers_Occupation:
Brides_Surname: illegible
Brides_Forenames: illegible
Brides_Age:
Brides_Condition: not stated
Brides_Occupation:
Brides_Residence: otp Westbury
Brides_Fathers_Surname:
Brides_Fathers_Forenames:
Brides_Fathers_Occupation:
Licence_or_Banns: Licence
Date_of_Banns:
Signature_or_Mark: illegible]
Witness_1: illegible]
Witness_2: illegible]
Other_Witnesses:
Officiating_Minister: illegible]
Event: Marriage
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P 354 IN 1/5
Page_Number: 40
Parish_Chapel: Westbury on Severn
Soundex_Groom: I421
Soundex_Bride: I421

Chris

Still searching for Susannah Haile maiden name/marriage

by ritpetite @, New Zealand, Saturday, January 08, 2022, 20:30 (833 days ago) @ ChrisW

I don't know if I ever replied to this, sorry if I didn't.
I am just checking FOD again to find Susannah trying different angles. How can a record be illegible all the way through. Must be names somewhere they can pick up. Wish I could see that record. It could be them earlier than I thought

Israel HAILE

by MPGriffiths @, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 18:59 (2582 days ago) @ ritpetite

Israel HAILES Will is on Ancestry and talkes about his Sons James, John, William and daughters, Eliza, James and Jane

On the 1841 census

Susannah HAILE - 60
Samuel - 30
Eliza - 25

next door

James HAILE - 20
John HAILE - 40
Debroah HAILE - 40

Fod records: children of Israel & Susannah lists

Mary - 1802
William - 1805
James - 1809
Samuel - 1811
Phoebe - 1814
James - 1818
Jane - 1820

so ..... John's baptism is not listed ..... although his marriage is on the Forest of Dean REcords.

Israel HAILE

by ritpetite @, New Zealand, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 19:12 (2582 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Thank you very much

Still don't know Susannahs maiden name?

Hows the weather up there.

wet here at the moment still we had had our summer, which was not brilliant. Hope you get a better one.

Rita from downunder

Israel HAILE

by MPGriffiths @, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 19:28 (2582 days ago) @ ritpetite

It's been a glorious Spring day today: Assume Susannah HAILE is the one who died in 1843 aged 65 c 1778 - just looking at the Forest of Dean records to see what options there are.... and if she mentioned in a Gloucestershire Will ? also going through the names Israel named his children (looking for family names).... his parents were John & Jane - and he did name two children John and Jane 1720 - also he had a sister Pheby - 1765 and a named a daughter Phoebe in 1814 .... (if that makes sense!!!) ? was Israel married before as he was born c1767)

Marriage at Mitcheldean : 5 March 1826

John HAILES - Hundred of St Briavels
Deborah GOUGH - ditto

witnesses: Thomas HAYWARD and Sarah WILCE

Israel HAILE

by ritpetite @, New Zealand, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 19:42 (2582 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Thanks for the sunny update, not haha

thanks yeap got all that I am back to vikings on this side just filling in dates and tidying up loose ends.

RSS Feed of thread