Researching Arthur James Pavey and James Gill Pavey (General)

by mwhitson @, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 21:41 (2557 days ago)

I am researching my family tree and have found out that James Gill Pavey was head gardener at Oaklands Park in around 1890. I am getting married in two months and my wedding flowers are being grown in Oaklands park. I would love to get hold of a photograph of my 2nd great grandfather to show on my wedding day. Any photos of any of his family would also be great. I hope someone can help

Researching Arthur James Pavey and James Gill Pavey

by MPGriffiths @, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 13:35 (2557 days ago) @ mwhitson

There is a previous thread

Heading starting off

Records of Dowding Family including possible photographs...... February 2010

and includes a reply from 'Judith'

who states .... 'I have a picture of the staff with her Ladyship on the steps of the Organery with my father and Grandfather and his parents James & Lucy' etc etc

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 21:43 (2556 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Hi M,
thanks for highlighting this prior thread,
http://forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=48145

Unfortunately most of the contributors don't appear to be active on the forum anymore, as their usernames are displayed in black, not blue. This is a great shame, as it would be really lovely if mwhitson could find the photos in time for the wedding.

Wishing all good luck now with the search, and in the future to the happy couple !

by judithM @, Devon, Friday, May 19, 2017, 18:53 (2506 days ago) @ Jefff

Thought you would like to know that we have made contact and have sent the pictures to Michelle. She was very pleased.

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Friday, May 19, 2017, 21:42 (2505 days ago) @ judithM

Very pleased to hear that you have made contact with Michelle and that she now has copy of the photographs.
We wish her well on her Wedding Day.

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Sunday, May 21, 2017, 01:03 (2504 days ago) @ judithM

That's excellent news, really pleased for everyone concerned. Thanks for taking the time to update us.

by judithM @, Devon, Saturday, May 13, 2017, 18:10 (2512 days ago) @ mwhitson

I have pictures of James Gill Pavey and his family when living at Gittisham, and I think I have a picture of Art and Mona when they visited my grandparents at Petersfield. Email me and I will send to you. Best wishes for the wedding from Judith, your 2nd cousin once removed I think.

RSS Feed of thread