Census (General)

by Susan Bates @, Warwickshire, Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 15:23 (2473 days ago)

Is there anyway I can get the actual census up, I have put the relevant name and other information in and it tells me Box, piece and folio. I would like to view the census, any help on this matter will be appreciated.

--
Sue Bates

Census

by probinson @, S. Oxon, Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 16:18 (2473 days ago) @ Susan Bates

www.freecen.org.uk may give you more information but not the actual document. For that I think you'll need a subscription to a site like Ancestry.

Census

by Susan Bates @, Warwickshire, Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 17:43 (2473 days ago) @ probinson

Thank You.

--
Sue Bates

Census

by MPGriffiths @, Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 16:20 (2473 days ago) @ Susan Bates

I've a few more weeks left on Ancestry, what are you looking for? Or you can apply for free 2 weeks with Ancestry.

Census

by Susan Bates @, Warwickshire, Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 17:45 (2473 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Thanks for your reply I will go on to Ancestry. Been meaning to join that site for a long time but never got round to it. Will do it now.
Sue

--
Sue Bates

Census access - free at public libraries

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Thursday, July 13, 2017, 00:03 (2473 days ago) @ Susan Bates

Hi Susan, only just spotted your post, so sorry if too late.
If you're in the UK, you can access Ancestry for free from your local public librairy. The Library Edition version doesn't give you access to all the features of the subcription version (eg family tree builder), but it does give full Census etc etc access including the actual images.
For example, here's my local library's take on it, they also have other useful websites that may be accessed, plus many other local archives and reference books etc. I'm lucky as it's the mainn central library for a large London Borough, so there's a dedicated "quiet" room with several pc terminals that may be pre-booked for sessions up to 2 hours long (it soon flies by !, especially while learning the system - they also run free tutored starter-sessions every month for newbies), but even small rural libraries have a few terminals for used by local residents.

https://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/30247/History-and-genealogy

RSS Feed of thread