Benedicta Bennet m. Richard Trigg (General)

by Tony Trigg @, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 12:46 (2437 days ago)

With such a distinct name you'd think this would be easy. Benedicta married Richard 8 May 1764 in Westbury-On-Severn, but I'm struggling with details of her birth.

Option 1: There is a 25 Mar 1753 Baptism for Benedicta Bennet, daughter of Thomas, in Walford, but she would only be 11 at the time of the marriage.

Option 2: In 1744 there was a Betty Bennett in Ruardean. "April the 22nd: Betty the Daughter of James Bennet and Betty was baptised.". is Betty an alternative for Benedicta ?

Option 3: Another tree shows parents as Joseph Bennett,(1704-1749)and Rachel End, with no evidence - I can't find them anywhere!

The only burial I can find is 22 Dec 1807 in Westbury for Benedictus Trigg - but that's a male name.

Is anyone else tracing this line ?

Benedicta Bennet m. Richard Trigg

by ChrisW @, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 14:05 (2437 days ago) @ Tony Trigg

Hi Tony

I haven't gone into this so I don't know if it works!

The parents on the 1753 baptism were Thomas & BENEDICTA

Their last child appears to have been baptised 1755.

Could Thomas have died and it was his widow who married Richard?

Regards
Chris

by MPGriffiths @, Thursday, August 17, 2017, 16:47 (2436 days ago) @ Tony Trigg

On the Forest of Dean records at Westbury on Severn

Richard & Benedicta (nee BENNET) TRIGG - had a daughter Margaret christened 1 December 1776

?

There is a marriage at Westbury on Severn

4 August 1807

Thomas EVANS otp (Westbury)

Margaret TRIGG - Spinster, top (Westbury)

By Banns

Witness 1: Elizabeth DRINKWATER
Witness 2: Anthony BENNETT

---

? Marriage at Westbury on Severn

28 October 1800

Anthony BENNETT (Widower)

Ann SMART (Widow)

(1st marriage also at Westbury on Severn)

and christened : 14 September 1741 at Westbury on Severn, son of Thomas (Jnr) & Elizabeth

There are a couple of Thomas BENNETT Wills for Westbury on Severn on Ancestry - will read through.

---

Thomas BENNET married Benedicta ROBERTS

1 May 1743, at Walford

Childred at Westbury on Severn

1744 - Thomas
1746 - Betty
1749 - John
1750 - Jonathan
1753 - Benedicta (A Benedicta BENNET married Charles LEWIS - 2 November 1779)
1755 - Sarah

-------

by JaneyH ⌂ @, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 08:35 (2418 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Hello,

While I can't assist directly with this enquiry I thought it was worth mentioning that the Margaret Trigg and Thomas Evans marrying in 1807 are my 4x great-grandparents. I am then descended down through the Evans side. So far I've not pushed this line any further back (except to note that Margaret's parents were William and Ann Trigg). If anyone has information about this particular family I'd be delighted to hear from you.

JaneyH

by Tony Trigg @, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, Monday, August 21, 2017, 10:38 (2433 days ago) @ Tony Trigg

Thanks both for the reply's.

I've discounted Benedicta from 25 Mar 1753, as I've found she married Charles Lewis in 1779.

The suggestion that it was her widowed mother that married Richard Trigg sounds very plausible. I've not managed to find any corroborating evidence yet, [there is no associated burial for Thomas Bennet (or similar) pre 1755] but will search along those lines.

Thanks again.

by Bunty, Saturday, November 07, 2020, 12:23 (1259 days ago) @ Tony Trigg

Yes, l am. I'm wondering if Benedicta was first or second wife to Richard Trigg. And also whether this is the same Richard Trigg who was married to Mary Risley. I am descended from Richard Trigg and Mary Risely via Lydia Trigg who married Johnathan Wintle. Wintle was my late father's mother's maiden name.

RSS Feed of thread