Marriage Rychard Hill and Sibel (General)

by sianb, England, Friday, November 10, 2017, 18:48 (2357 days ago)

Hi,
I've been searching for months for the marriage of Rychard Hill (c1541-1608) and his wife Sible (c1545-1635) (Variety of spellings).

The have 2 areas of evidence for their marriage

1. her name alongside Richard's on the baptismal records of their many children (all checked in Parish records on here, Ancestry, Find My Past and Family Search.)
2. She is named as his wife in Richard's will.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a marriage please?

There are several trees on Ancestry who have her surname as Woodward, but they have no sources and contain other copied errors, so I'm inclined to find them suspect.

The first child I have for them is in 1573, so the marriage would be around then I expect.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Thank you

Siân

Marriage Rychard Hill and Sibel

by Mike Pinchin @, Bedford, England, Saturday, November 11, 2017, 11:10 (2356 days ago) @ sianb

Ancestry,

If I have the right will of Rychard HILL (made August 1608, proved 1609) there are a couple of lines which connect the HILL family with the WOODWARDs and suggest Sibble was formerly Sibble WOODWARD,

Item I do give unto my daughter Ursula Hill……………..which was given by her grandmother Elino(r?) Woodward deceased……………………...

Item My will is also that my son Guy shall…………………..given him by his grandmother Elino(r?) Woodward deceased……………………..

[later correction - the will is dated August 1608 and not 1580]

by MPGriffiths @, Saturday, November 11, 2017, 15:48 (2356 days ago) @ Mike Pinchin

As the early WOODWARD(E)'s are Hartpury based ...

Held by: Gloucestershire Archives

Reference: D640/T81

Description: Messuages and lands

Including probate of Jn. WOODWARD yeo 1567/8; and writ to J.P.'s to receive fealty of Ellen, widow of J.W for lands in Hartpury, with form of oath affixed, 1581

Date: 1567/8-1608

Language: English

Physical description: 7

--

Tree on Ancestry gives John WOODWARD 1515-1568 and Eliner YARNOLD - 1519-1581

by sianb, England, Saturday, November 11, 2017, 22:59 (2356 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

That's a really useful piece of information. Thank you MPGriffiths

by sianb, England, Saturday, November 11, 2017, 22:58 (2356 days ago) @ Mike Pinchin

Thank you Mike. That is just what I was looking for. I must translate the will.
Siân

RSS Feed of thread