John Rees death 1841 (General)

by DENISE REES @, Birmingham, Monday, December 11, 2017, 14:55 (2300 days ago)

To all you kind people who left information about John Rees. Thank you very much.

Some of the information I had found, but all info was very interesting.

I am related to John Rees via his first son Tom Walter Rees was my G/Grandfather and his first wife Thirza Rees (nee Bond) who is also my G/Grandmother on my Grandfather's(John Walter Rees) wife Katherleen Bond's family. So you see how comfusing it gets.

I found that Margaret J Rees(nee Thomas) was a School Mistress (Paupers) on the 1851 cencus and died at the age of 86 on 19 June 1892. What a remarkable lady.

John Rees's last son George Thomas Rees was baptimsed on 9/5/1841 and was buried on 5/6/1841. In the baptism records there is not remark relating to John Rees other than that he was the father, but on the burial record it states "George Thomas Rees son of the late John Rees"

I would still like to know what happened to John Rees after he paid his debts from 1838 to 1841.

THANK AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME
DENISE REES

John Rees death 1841

by Marj Rees, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 18:54 (1702 days ago) @ DENISE REES

Hi,
My name is Marj Rees. I am the Great Grand Daughter of George Rees, Your G-Grandfather`s brother
Over the years I have researched the Rees family and became stumped trying to trace John Rees. I`d like to thank you for enlightening me how Margaret was able to raise her sons and enable them to do so well in their own lives.
I had looked at the 1851 census and couldn`t figure out how someone classed as a pauper could feed and clothe her family let alone afford to educate them! I agree with you, she must have been a formidable woman! I think there`s a trace of her strong personality still running through the Rees Clan!!.
I`m glad you know about John`s bankruptcy. I don`t know if you`ve joined the British Newspaper Archive Site. There`s quite a few references to the family over the years. I even found one where Thomas found a woman whose husband had killed her and he gave evidence in court!!
I haven`t been on site for a while, but I`m thinking of starting again when the 1921 census is released so if I find any info. I`ll let you know.I have an Ancestry site as well.
Marjx

RSS Feed of thread