hester king (General)

by evepoppy, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 14:36 (2276 days ago)

Hello everyone, I am searching for information on Hester King. The only one I can find is a Hester born 1744 to Richard, baptised Arlingham. She had a son Thomas, baptised 1762, Longhope, no father. Thomas married Mary Jones, 1787, Whitchurch, they had a daughter, Margaret, 1788. After the death of Thomas, Mary married George Hook, 1793, Lydney and had three sons. A witness at Mary's first marriage was Elizabeth Hook but I cannot seem to join anyone together on the King side. Any help at all will be much appreciated. Thanks.

hester king

by rookancestrybest @, United Kingdom, Thursday, August 30, 2018, 12:08 (2065 days ago) @ evepoppy

Sorry that this is a late response to your posting but if your mystery has still not be solved:
try looking through Rook as well as Hook records as I have found that my family (Rook/Rooke) are referred to as Hook in some records. I know my family had connections with some people called King: one was a witness at a wedding in 1867. The father of the man whose wedding it was is referred to as Thomas Hook rather than Thomas Rook in his baptismal record of 1785. Also if you can see the original it will help as I have found that many transcriptions are not always reliable. Sometimes the handwriting is so difficult to decipher it has been guess work for the transcriber but it makes more sense to the relatives who may know the original name etc.

RSS Feed of thread