Richard Nelmes (General)

by evepoppy, Friday, July 13, 2018, 11:34 (2114 days ago)

Hello everyone, I am trying to pin down my Richard Nelmes. He married Mary Thomas in 1733. Mary born 1707 to Roger Thomas and Elizabeth Beddoes. The only suitable candidate I can find is Richard born to Richard Nelmes and Sarah Wood in 1712. They all lived Flaxley/Littledean area. Thankyou all for reading this, any help most welcome.

Richard Nelmes

by MPGriffiths @, Friday, July 13, 2018, 14:06 (2114 days ago) @ evepoppy

Assume you have looked at the baptism at Littledean 28 August 1709 of Sarah NELMES - parents Richard & Sarah - residence : Flaxley

and the marriage of Sarah NELMS 19 May 1733 at Flaxley to Arnold WELLINGTON.

Arnold & Sarah do not appear to have any children - as Arnold's Will in 1763 (on Ancestry) of Flaxley, just talks about his wife Sarah: Witnesses: Marg? HARRISON, Jane HILEO? etc

Richard Nelmes

by evepoppy, Saturday, July 14, 2018, 10:10 (2113 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Yes, thankyou, I have noted these. My main problem is Richard, Sarah's father. I cannot really determine who his parents were. Thankyou for your help.

Richard Nelmes

by MPGriffiths @, Saturday, July 14, 2018, 13:57 (2113 days ago) @ evepoppy

As Richard NELMES (Snr) - who married Sarah WOOD didn't leave a Will, (appears to have died 30 November 1718) - it is difficult to prove in writing whether these are the parents of your Richard - although it does seems realistic.

Going back to Arnold WELLINGTON who married Sarah NELMS.

Ancestry does have the Will of Thomas WOOD, Flaxley (Miner)(wife Hester, he has a house in Littledean) and Hester WOOD of Flaxley - and talk about various children including Ann, Sarah, Sons Thomas & Robert etc. (Wills dated 1694 and 1695)

Richard NELMES of the Parish of Flaxley married Mary THOMAS - 29 September 1733 at Hope Mansell.

Also Thomas WOOD of the Parish of Flaxley married Mary WELLINGTON of the parish of Flaxley - again at Hope Mansell - 9 July 1727.

There does seem possible family connections here - and it would seem, both Thomas WOOD and Richard NELMES were working (Miners?) away from Flaxley.

Thomas & Margaret WOOD have children baptised at Flaxley 1731 and 1740, 1736 at Littledean

Richard Nelmes

by evepoppy, Sunday, July 15, 2018, 09:42 (2112 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Thankyou for this info. which is a great help to me and much appreciated. I will look into the relationships and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.

RSS Feed of thread