Parents of William Albert Wintle 1875-1876 (General)

by Gill @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 00:00 (2061 days ago)

Little William's inquest was on the 4th Sept. 1876 at the Miners Arms Inn Whitecroft (Gloucester Archives CO 4/2/2 Page 104)

William Albert Wintle aged 1 year son of Thomas Wintle and Eliza & a sister Sarah Ann Wintle (witness).

Died from scalds to throat after drinking boiling water from a kettle.

Transcript confirms burial of William Albert Wintle 1yr 5 months on 5th Sep. 1876 at Parkend.

All fine until I looked for his birth to check if he was the child of my Thomas and Eliza Wintle.

Thomas Wintle married Eliza Ann Hale on 24th July 1864 at St Pauls Parkend.

I have found their children via GRO

Sarah Ann1865 : Julia 1867: Benjamin 1870: Rosa 1872:..... Bertha 1877: Joseph 1880 and a male with a name the Forum declines as an error starts with W.....e ? 1882. No William but there is a possible gap?

Interest aroused I have now searched for a William born about 1875 that might fit and I have been unable to find this child born in the area to anyone.

Was he not registered or baptised or have a I missed a clue some where? Tried GRO, Ancestry, Family Search, parish records on this site plus checked through the Parish Scans on Ancestry.

The expertise on this site might be able to help solve my query.

What started out as quick check to add some 'flesh' to my family history has ended up as a few hours work plus more questions!

Many thanks
Gill

Parents of William Albert Wintle 1875-1876

by Mike Pinchin @, Bedford, England, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 07:27 (2060 days ago) @ Gill

Glos BMD gives,

WINTLE Albert William, Mother’s former name HALE, 1875, District Forest of Dean, Office Monmouth, Coleford, Register 32, Entry 266.

Genes Reunited places the registration in the second quarter.

Parents of William Albert Wintle 1875-1876

by Gill @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 08:49 (2060 days ago) @ Mike Pinchin

Hi Mike

Thank you problem solved! I know now to check the Gloucester BMD as GRO does not have this child on their records despite having all the other children. I guess there can be mistake with any records just to keep us on our toes.

My learning curve goes up a point- thank goodness for this forum.

Kind regards

Gill

RSS Feed of thread