Free access to some Fold3 records later this week. (General)

by Mike Pinchin @, Bedford, England, Monday, November 05, 2018, 20:30 (1992 days ago)

Ancestry is offering free access to some of its Fold3 collection later this week. I imagine registration will be required to make use of this.

“Starting this Thursday, we’re inviting you to explore your family’s WWI story in detail, with free access to the Commonwealth collection on Fold3. Explore Fold3’s military records in addition to Ancestry’s wartime records: everything you need to uncover your relatives’ stories on the battlefield and beyond.

Access to the records in the featured collections will be free from 8 November 2018 to 12 November 2018 at 23:59 GMT. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry All Access paid membership.”

Free access to some Fold3 records later this week.

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Monday, November 05, 2018, 20:59 (1992 days ago) @ Mike Pinchin

Thanks Mike,
yes I saw a similar mail from Ancestry earlier, but didn't post as I expected them to limit to the Military records as previous Remembrance weekends, but it seems it's a whole lot more ?. Agreed yes will probably involve just giving a name and email address as inlast few years, and certainly no credit card details.

I'm still wondering why they've created this Fold3 section of their site ?. As it holds all their military stuff, I had assumed they intending setting it up as a separate add-on extra to the general FH side, as an extra moneyspinner, but I don't think that's happened yet, or at lest not here in UK ?. Long may that continue !

Thanks again.

RSS Feed of thread