Richard & Sarah Loveridge (General)

by Loveridge @, Sunday, May 12, 2019, 12:56 (1810 days ago)

Can anybody please provide information on Richard and Sarah Loveridge and their children Catharina born 1771, Sarah born 1773, Judith born 1787, Lucy born 1789, Robert Rolls born 1792, John born 1795 and Comfort born 1798? The family lived at Pauntley Court, Pauntley near Newent and the above children were born in Pauntley.

Richard & Sarah Loveridge

by nimrod, Sunday, May 12, 2019, 14:07 (1810 days ago) @ Loveridge

This wonderful web site contains most of their information and I have enjoyed sorting out this family. Richard and Sarah Rowls were married at Bromesberrow in 1770. R. was a cutter. I've found 10 children baptized at Pauntley although Hester and William were baptized twice. Why I don't know. The first time when their address is De Castle (Farm?), Dymock and the second time at Pauntley when their address is Pauntley Court. I've found 10 baptisms altogether. After Hester's marriage to William Bellamy in 1800 I have found no further records of the family in Pauntley.

Richard and Sarah were buried just over a month of each other at Churcham. (Why Churcham? By this time they were not of Gloucestershire.) They died of typhus as did William Bellamy.

Google 'John Bellamy of Gloucestershire - Gls Local History Society - excellent article (2008)by Steven Blake. There is also mortgage lease and release to John and his mother, Esther.

Nimrod

by Loveridge @, Sunday, May 12, 2019, 14:36 (1809 days ago) @ nimrod

Thanks Nimrod. I was not aware of this Churcham connection which further puzzles me. My Loveridge ancestors came from Dymock and moved to Pauntley around 1630 - 1690; my ancestors stayed in Pautnley but one branch of the family moved to Churcham about 1720. However, despite lengthy searches, I have found no connection between my Pauntley ancestors (Loveridges who lived at Aylesmore, Pauntley)and Richard & Sarah Loveridge of Pauntley Court. It may be just a coincidence that two unrelated Loveridge families were living at the same time in Pauntley but Pauntley is such a small place! John

by JaneyH ⌂ @, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Friday, May 17, 2019, 11:31 (1805 days ago) @ nimrod

Thanks for the link, Nimrod.

I commented about the burial register entry for John Bellamy on a different thread a few years back and it's fascinating to read more about him. Having done further research into my Forest of Dean roots since then I now find that I have a big Bellamy branch in my own tree, all from Westbury. I now need to see if the ones mentioned here fit with my lot!

by nimrod, Sunday, May 12, 2019, 19:43 (1809 days ago) @ Loveridge

Have you read the Glos Local History article?

Nimrod

by MPGriffiths @, Monday, May 13, 2019, 20:43 (1808 days ago) @ nimrod

To avoid duplication.

----

There is a long previous thread on this subject.

LOVERIDGE/Pauntley/Newent area - starting back 7 June 2012

by nimrod, Thursday, May 16, 2019, 11:11 (1806 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Yes, I have read the previous thread. As I'm only interested in Richard and Sarah L
I cannot be of any further help except for -

20 Mar 1709 William L of Pa(u)nt House (Aylesmore) bur at Dymock &

Pauntley MI

In Memory of Anne/ The Wife of John/ Loveridge of Aylesmore/ In this Parish/ Who died April/ 20th 1748 Aged 70 Y(rs.)

Just to add to the mix - British History Online - 'David Ricardo owned 110a at Ketford (Pauntley)that Tamar Scudamore had sold to Richard Loveridge in 1803.'

I've no idea who this Richard is. He still held land in Ketford in 1813.

Nimrod

by Loveridge @, Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 09:32 (1793 days ago) @ nimrod

Having searched through my extensive records I see that in 2012 Beryl Bainbridge of Ketford, Pauntley told me that the Richard Loveridge who bought land at Ketford was the tenant of Pauntley Court and that this family was from Warwickshire.

RSS Feed of thread