Rev. John Yeandle-Hignell (Urgent)

by Yeandle-Hignell, Tuesday, March 08, 2022, 17:47 (791 days ago)

Hello

I am trying to find some information and possibly photographs of my great uncle Rev. Yeandle-Hignell and his sister ( my Grandmother) Hilda Gwendoline Hignell. I know Rev. Y-H lived in the FOD in 1930 and was a Rector by 1933. I don’t know the name of the church, the record just says “The Rectory”. I have searched using their names but have not had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sylvia

Rev. John Yeandle-Hignell

by MPGriffiths @, Tuesday, March 08, 2022, 19:55 (791 days ago) @ Yeandle-Hignell

Slyvia

Just having a look at British Newspapers on Line for the Rev J W Yeandle-Hignall - this is one of them

Gloucestershire Echo

Tueday 15 August 1933

Rev John Wilfred Yeandle-Hignall has been presented to the rectory of Upper Slaughter, vacant by the resignation of Rev Edward Thomas Hull.

Mr Yeandle Hignell was recently licensed to the curacy of Broadwell with Adlerstrop and was formerly curate of Cinderford.

by MPGriffiths @, Tuesday, March 08, 2022, 19:59 (791 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

North Devon Journal - Thursday 10 November 1938

BERRYNARBOR'S NEW RECTOR

The Rev John Wilfred Yeandle-Hignell has accepted the benefice of Berrynarbor, the patron of which is Mrs Penn-Curzon of Watermouth Castle.

Mr Yeandle-Hignell was ordained in 1930, and after holding curacies at Cinderford and Broadwell be became Rector of Upper Slaughter, Cheltenham.

-

there are other newspaper articles.

by Yeandle-Hignell, Tuesday, March 08, 2022, 20:12 (791 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Thank you very much for the articles!
Now I know what churches to look for.
I really appreciate your help.

Sylvia

by MPGriffiths @, Tuesday, March 08, 2022, 20:17 (791 days ago) @ Yeandle-Hignell

? as the surname is unusual -

Sunday Mirror - Saturday 8 June 1969

Dr John Wilfred Yeandle-Hignall whose arrival on Sark we reported with some misgivings on his behalf only about seven months ago, has resigned as the island's £1,200 a year general practitioner-cum medical-officer of health. etc. etc

by Yeandle-Hignell, Tuesday, March 08, 2022, 20:40 (791 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

It is the same person!
I do plan to look into his medical career as well,
so thank you for this article.

Sylvia

by MPGriffiths @, Tuesday, March 08, 2022, 20:07 (791 days ago) @ Yeandle-Hignell

Western Daily Press Bristol

Saturday 11 March 1933

Dean Forest Cleric for Cotswold Parish

Writing in his parish magazine, the vicar of St John's Church, Cinderford, the Rev C P Glidden, states that at the end of the month the Rev J W Yeandle-Hignall who went to the parish as a deacon in 1930, will leave to be priest-in-charge in the parish of Broadwell, in the Cotswolds.

He adds that Mr Yeandle-Hignell's work in Soudley had been very successful.

---

There are more articles, one states (in 1932) the church of St Michael's and All Angels at Soudley, under the Rev J W Y HIGNELL

by abird @, Wednesday, March 09, 2022, 17:25 (790 days ago) @ Yeandle-Hignell

If you use the Advanced Search of Parish Records on this site and search Burials and enter "Yeandle" in the "Officiating Minister" field you will find 36 results all for Cinderford St John between 1931 and 1933. There are no results for Baptisms or Marriages.

by Yeandle-Hignell, Friday, March 11, 2022, 17:30 (788 days ago) @ abird

If you use the Advanced Search of Parish Records on this site and search Burials and enter "Yeandle" in the "Officiating Minister" field you will find 36 results all for Cinderford St John between 1931 and 1933. There are no results for Baptisms or Marriages.

Thank you, I will try that!

RSS Feed of thread