Photo Gallery - More New Additions, March 2007 (Photo Gallery)

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Thursday, March 22, 2007, 14:31 (6251 days ago)

Sent to us by Gillian Macmillan

Ruardean
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/gallery/ruardean/

Police Headquarters Ruardean

Watkins of Ruardean
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/gallery/watkins_ruardean/

Maurice Milton Watkins Outside The Manse
Linda Watkins with Nellis Mason
Maurice Watkins - Edwards Bus Company
Double Decker Bus going to Ross on Wye
Maurice Watkins in the drivers seat
Maurice Watkins at True Blue Colliery

Morgans of Lydbrook
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/gallery/morgans_lydbrook/

Baptism Certificate Linda Gertrude Morgan
Linda Morgan at Lydbrook
Linda Morgan at Lydbrook 2
Linda Morgan (Born 1912)
Edith, Stanley, Alfred and Linda Morgan
Alfred Edith and Stanley Morgan
Alfred Morgan possibly at the Boat House Lydbrook
Stanley Morgan - Hong Kong 1929
Family Gathering Courtfield Arms Lydbrook 1961

Newspaper Clippings
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/gallery/clippings/

Harvey Blanch Boxing Champion
It Made Christmas Happier
Special Constables Ruardean
Forest of Dean Pin Skittles League

The Forest Products Ltd 1939 - Huntley

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Monday, March 26, 2007, 06:37 (6247 days ago) @ admin

Sent to us by Slowhands

The Forest Products Ltd - Huntley
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/gallery/fod_variety_1/

Nice little sketch map of the Huntley and Longhope area in 1939

Forest Products Ltd 2007

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Monday, March 26, 2007, 06:41 (6247 days ago) @ admin

Forest Products Ltd
Est. 1927

Still going strong today!

http://www.forest-products.co.uk/

Gravestones at Ruardean

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 06:12 (6246 days ago) @ admin

Sent to us by Gillian Macmillan

Henry and Lilian Roberts
Irving and Gladys Bennett
Maurice and Linda Watkins

http://www.forest-of-dean.net/gallery/gravestones/

Cookson Terrace Lydney

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Thursday, March 29, 2007, 05:49 (6244 days ago) @ admin

Sent to us by Ian Thomas

Two pictures of Cookson Terrace Lydney together with information about the Hopkins family
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/gallery/lydney/

Hopkins - Cookson Terrace Lydney

by jhopkins @, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 14:02 (6200 days ago) @ admin

Hi David or Ian

Is it possible to find out what the information was about the Hopkins family please?

Thank you.

John Hopkins

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 17:17 (6200 days ago) @ jhopkins

Here are the details that Ian sent us sent us about the Hopkins family.
These details are also below the Cookson Terrace Post Office photo in the gallery.
------
Cookson Terrace PO is No 7 Cookson Terrace
My grandmother, Kate Hopkins, ran the Post Office that served Lydney Harbour
She was widowed in 1916 when her husband who served on the "Black Dwarf" died in 1916
She raised a family of 10 children more or less single handed

The two children in the doorway are Dorothy Olive Hopkins 1907-1955 and my
Mother Gwendolen Elsie Hopkins 1913-2001
------
I will contact Ian and ask him if he has further information on the Hopkins
family that he would like to share with us here on the Message Board so yourself
and others can see if they have any connections with this family.

by jhopkins @, Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:21 (6199 days ago) @ admin

Thank you David. I picked up that info, but was a bit confused and thought there might have been something else that I had missed. Thank you for your continuing help to me and to all of us.

Edwin HOPKINS Kate JAMES Awre

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 21:49 (6196 days ago) @ jhopkins

Edwin Hopkins abt 1868 Awre Par, Gloucestershire, England Head Awre Gloucestershire Seaman
Kate Hopkins abt 1870 Awre Par, Gloucestershire, England Wife Awre Gloucestershire
Agnes K Hopkins abt 1895 Awre Par, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Awre Gloucestershire
Colin Hopkins abt 1897 Awre Par, Gloucestershire, England Son Awre Gloucestershire
Ehtel Hopkinsabt 1900 Awre Par, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Awre Gloucestershire
Isabel Hopkins abt 1898 Awre Par, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Awre Gloucestershire
Mary E Hopkins abt 1894 Awre Par, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Awre Gloucestershire
Percy E Hopkins abt 1893 Awre Par, Gloucestershire, England Son Awre Gloucestershire

Name: Kate James
Name: Edwin Hopkins
Year of Registration: 1891
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
DISTRICT: Westbury On Severn
County: Gloucestershire
Volume: 6a
Page: 411

Mary Ann Hopkins abt 1829 Westbury, Gloucestershire, England Widow Awre Gloucestershire
Edwin Hopkins abt 1869 Ettoe, Glos Son Awre Gloucestershire
Alice Dancy abt 1879 Ettoe, Glos Granddaughter Awre Gloucestershire

Thomas Hopkins abt 1826 Westbury On Severn, Gloucestershire, England Head Lydney Gloucestershire
Mary Ann Hopkins abt 1826 Westbury On Severn, Gloucestershire, England Wife Lydney Gloucestershire
Edwin Hopkins abt 1868 Awre, Gloucestershire, England Son Lydney Gloucestershire
Mary Jane Hopkins abt 1865 Awre, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Lydney Gloucestershire

Thomas Hopkins abt 1829 Westbury On Severn, Gloucestershire, England Head Awre Gloucestershire
Caroline Hopkins abt 1852 Gatcombe, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Awre Gloucestershire
Edwin Hopkins abt 1867 Etloe, Gloucestershire, England Son Awre Gloucestershire
Ellen Hopkins abt 1862 Etloe, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Awre Gloucestershire
Mary J Hopkins abt 1864 Etloe, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Awre Gloucestershire
Thomas Hopkins abt 1857 Gatcombe, Gloucestershire, England Son Awre Gloucestershire
Edith A Hopkins abt 1870 Etloe, Gloucestershire, England Granddaughter Awre Gloucestershire
William Hopkins abt 1868 Etloe, Gloucestershire, England Grandson Awre Gloucestershire

Name: Edwin Hopkins
Year of Registration: 1867
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
DISTRICT: Westbury On Severn
County: Gloucestershire
Volume: 6a
Page: 232

Mary Ann Hopkins abt 1826 Westbury On Sev, Gloucestershire, England Head Awre Gloucestershire
Thomas Hopkins abt 1857 Gatcombe, Gloucestershire, England Son Awre Gloucestershire
Matilda Rogers abt 1860 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Orphan Awre Gloucestershire

Caroline Hopkins abt 1852 Blakeney, Gloucestershire, England Servant Norton Gloucestershire

Thomas Hopkins abt 1831 Westbury, Gloucestershire, England Mate Vessels Somerset

Thomas Hopkins abt 1826 Westbury, Gloucestershire, England Head Etloe Gloucestershire
Mary Ann Hopkins abt 1825 Westbury, Gloucestershire, England Wife Etloe Gloucestershire
Frederick Hopkins abt 1849 Awre, Gloucestershire, England Son Etloe Gloucestershire
William Hopkins abt 1847 Westbury, Gloucestershire, England Son Etloe Gloucestershire

1841 Bollow
Thomas Hopkins abt 1826 Gloucestershire, England Westbury On Severn Gloucestershire

by jhopkins @, Sunday, May 20, 2007, 19:23 (6192 days ago) @ slowhands

Thank you slowhands, once more, for your great detective work.

Ian Thomas replied to me direct, and I regret to say that there appears to be no connection with my Hopkins family. It would have been nice to make contact with someone from our family still living in the Forest, because they have obviously been there for a long time (I am now back to my great great great grandparents via both my great grandfather and great grandmother who migrated here in 1860.

Three of my uncles went from NZ to Britain as soldiers in the First World War, and evidently they tried to make contact with family then, with no success. That was only 60 years after migration...

Thanks again. John.

by jhopkins @, Sunday, May 20, 2007, 19:24 (6192 days ago) @ jhopkins

I should have said thank you to David as well - thanks David! John

RSS Feed of thread