Warren JAMES Day (Announce)

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Tuesday, May 04, 2010, 13:15 (5096 days ago)

Sent to us by Roger Drury

I am writing to pass on information about the day to remember Warren James and the Foresters who took part in the struggle against the enclosures.

It is on sunday 6th June at Hopewell Colliery from 11am. In August 1831, 27 people signed a petition as to his honesty and we would especially like to invite members of families who put their name to the petition ..the original petition can be found in wikipaedia and county archives.

Hopewell Colliery Museum
Cannop Hill, Coleford.
B4226 Coleford to Speech House Road

Riots in the Forest of Dean 1831

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Tuesday, May 04, 2010, 13:26 (5096 days ago) @ admin

the original petition can be found in wikipaedia and county archives.

The petition on Wikipedia is actually a link to the document which is here on our website. You will find the petition and a lot of other information about Warren James and the Riots in the Forest of Dean 1831, which was supplied by Terry James in our download section.
http://www.forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?mode=thread&id=11220

Warren JAMES Day

by Sally Chadderton @, Tuesday, May 04, 2010, 16:02 (5096 days ago) @ admin

My personal thanks to Roger Drury informing us all of the Warren James Day. I have recently found out that Warren was a relative of mine and have read Ralph Anstis book about Warren's life. I shall be delighted to come and hopefully get to meet any family members.
Kind regards
Sally Chadderton

RSS Feed of thread