Donations update (Announce)

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Thursday, November 22, 2012, 12:56 (4144 days ago)

In August we reluctantly suspended Donations

One challenge is funding, we'll not bore you with the detail or reasons,
but in the short term we have had to suspend the "donations" feature of the site.
We need to turn this on as soon as possible so that we can continue to pay for the Hosting platform.
We have a plan to solve this !

The good news is that we are now in a position to accept Donations. http://www.forest-of-dean.net/?Donate

If you have found this site useful and you are able to, please consider making
a small donation to help us continue to help you and future generations. :-)

We thank those who have waited for the donations facility to re open !!!

regards
David, Graham, May, Michael, Wendy and Slowhands

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

Donations update

by george @, Thursday, November 22, 2012, 20:19 (4144 days ago) @ slowhands

A cheque will be be 'winging' its way to the Forest. My mother has found the information you have provided so interesting and it has provided her with a lot of interesting conversation. As soon as she began to learn the answers to so many 'mysteries' she said: 'And you learned all THIS for free. We must make a donation. Can we do that?'

So thanks from both of us.

Donations update

by ron shier @, Friday, November 23, 2012, 15:51 (4143 days ago) @ slowhands

Good news that the donation box is open for business. My contribution on its way.
Can now feel not guilty of taking out and not putting something back in.
atb Ron Shier

Donations to Support this Site

by mrsbruso @, Sunday, November 25, 2012, 00:02 (4142 days ago) @ slowhands

Greetings, Fellow Researchers.

For those of us who tend to leap directly to the "forum" section, bypassing the home page, you may not know that this site is now able to accept dontations once more.

As someone who has benefitted from the kind assistance of Admin (RIP) and the Moderators and Contributors, I have tried to make regular (modest) financial donations to do my share to keep this site afloat. Thanks again, to Admin for his vision, and to everyone who contributes (time, money, expertise, enthusiasim, etc) in keeping the Forest a Family.

Please consider making a donation so that others may share in the wealth of knowledge shared with other "Children of the Forest". . .

Sandra.

Donations update

by ron shier @, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 20:52 (3795 days ago) @ slowhands

Christmas is coming and I see that it is time to make another donation to your most excellent site. Have found it vary halpful this past year in particular.

Where does one send the cheque to?

Ron - researching Vaughan.

Donations update

by Roughyedbach @, Oldham, Lancashire, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 00:13 (3795 days ago) @ slowhands

A really worthwhile place to drop a couple of quid. I have just lost my job, (another NHS casualty) but value this site so much that I believe all users should do their bit and chip in whatever they are able. So much work and dedication given free of charge MUST be supported, so come on you Vurresters (and descendents), please show your appreciation and contribute to the upkeep of this fabulous resource. Cheers!

RSS Feed of thread