Obituary (Announce)

by ritpetite @, New Zealand, Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 18:54 (4139 days ago)

Very sadly my cousin Margaret Miles passed away on 18th December 2012.

I will miss her terribly as once I got to know Margaret I found out about the life my Grandparents would have had if they had stayed in the Forest. A life connected with community, crafts, lunches at the local pubs, etc.

My fragile connection to the Forest is being eroded as more pass, and it is difficult living thousands of miles away in NZ as others will have realised.

Just wanted to pay my respects to hardworking folk and a way of life that once lost will never come back. Thanks to Dean Heritage for keeping it alive and this wonderful site for its contribution to that way of life and history.

Rita James

Obituary

by Roughyedbach @, Oldham, Lancashire, Thursday, December 20, 2012, 14:12 (4138 days ago) @ ritpetite

Deepest sympathy Rita x

Obituary - Margaret Rose MILES 1938-2012

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Thursday, January 03, 2013, 19:06 (4124 days ago) @ ritpetite

Very sadly my cousin Margaret Miles passed away on 18th December 2012.

I will miss her terribly as once I got to know Margaret I found out about the life my Grandparents would have had if they had stayed in the Forest. A life connected with community, crafts, lunches at the local pubs, etc.

My fragile connection to the Forest is being eroded as more pass, and it is difficult living thousands of miles away in NZ as others will have realised.

Just wanted to pay my respects to hardworking folk and a way of life that once lost will never come back. Thanks to Dean Heritage for keeping it alive and this wonderful site for its contribution to that way of life and history.

Rita James

Margaret MILES of Forge Hill, Lydbrook

Name: Margaret R Miles
Mother's Maiden Surname: James
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1938
Registration district: Forest of Dean
Inferred County: Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Volume Number: 6a
Page Number: 459

http://www.forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=39623

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>