Gloucestershire Archives and Ancestry (Announce)

by admin2 @, Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 14:10 (3585 days ago)

We have received the following message from Gloucester Archives:

The first batch of images from Gloucestershire Archives - Gloucestershire wills and inventories 1541-1858 - are going live on Ancestry this weekend.

The second and larger collection of images - the parish registers - will appear later in the year.

People can access Ancestry for free at all Gloucestershire Libraries as well as at Gloucestershire Archives and the Gloucestershire Family History Centre.

Gloucestershire Archives and Ancestry

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 14:40 (3585 days ago) @ admin2

Thanks Admin, thats good news, even for exiles like me as Ancestry Library Edition is available f-o-c across all UK Libraries, not just Glos county.
A question if I may, will their Gloucestershire Parish Registers include any of the FoD ones such as this website holds ?
atb J

by admin2 @, Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 15:09 (3585 days ago) @ Jefff

We believe so but do not be surprised if you see differences between Ancestry transcripts and ours.

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 15:37 (3585 days ago) @ admin2

Thanks.
No don't worry I won't be using them for the FoD Records, I was asking more out of curiosity really, hoping perhaps they might have access to different/additional records, such as GlosBMD sometimes does.
Ref GlosBMD, having been reminded this week abt the status of their website's record transcribing, I noticed that of their Death Records the FoD area is the most deficient by far. I wondered if this was because this FoD website already had these Records, so they were understandably prioritising their time & effort elsewhere, or perhaps they just don't have access to the Records(unlikely) ?.

Meanwhile thanks once again for THIS excellent and unbeatable FoD FH resource !
atb J

by tichfen @, Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 23:55 (3572 days ago) @ admin2

Thank you for this information.

RSS Feed of thread