burial records for lodge (Documents Articles)

by colin.lodge @, saxmundham suffolk, Saturday, November 05, 2016, 10:35 (2701 days ago)

I have been tracing my paternal ancestors for a few years now, have traced the name lodge to be associated with Bream and found a family plot at St James. I understand my 2nd gt grandfather and mother were laid to rest at Christchurch, I have seen the index but am searching for the actual burial records, dates are I believe 1897 and 1887 would anyone know if I can access them and if so where, I have been to Christchurch and only the churchyard plan is there, george lodge and his wife fanny are not on it so probably an unmarked grave, thanking you in advance.
colin lodge

burial records for lodge

by ChrisW @, Saturday, November 05, 2016, 15:37 (2701 days ago) @ colin.lodge

Hi Colin

Are these the ones you mean please? They are transcripts from the Parish Records which are on this site.

Record_ID: 4026
Entry_Number: 269
Year: 1899
Month: Nov
Day: 29
Surname: LODGE
Forenames: George
Residence: Five Acres
Age_at_death: 69
Officiating_Minister: C Barnes vicar
Event: Burial
Cause_of_death:
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P82 IN 1/15
Page_No: 34
Parish_Chapel: Christchurch
Soundex: L320

Record_ID: 89638
Entry_Number: 648
Year: 1887
Month: Apr
Day: 7
Forenames: Fanny
Residence: Joyford
Age_at_death: 54
Officiating_Minister: D.J.Banham Curate.
Cause_of_death:
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: PFC82 IN 1/14
Page_No: 81

Record_ID: 3922
Entry_Number: 165
Year: 1896
Month: Oct
Day: 16
Forenames: Vera
Age_at_death: 16
Officiating_Minister: certified by S W Jacob
Cause_of_death:
Memoranda:
Notes:
Page_No: 21

Record_ID: 248117
Entry_Number: 162
Year: 1943
Month: May
Day: 4
Forenames: Rosemary Frances
Residence: Christchurch Glos
Age_at_death: 15 years
Officiating_Minister: Wyndham Jones vicar
Cause_of_death:
Memoranda: new church yard 1st row No.1 Interred in Grandmother's grave the late Mrs Russell
Notes:
Register_Reference: P82 IN 1/17
Page_No: 21

Record_ID: 4394
Entry_Number: 637
Year: 1912
Month: [not stated]
Day:
Forenames: Emily
Age_at_death: 50
Officiating_Minister: certified by J H Horlick
Cause_of_death:
Memoranda:
Notes:
Page_No: 80

Record_ID: 248395
Entry_Number: 439
Year: 1952
Month: Mar
Day: 7
Forenames: Edwin
Residence: Five Acres Christ Church
Age_at_death: 88 years
Officiating_Minister: Certificate given to the Sexton
Cause_of_death:
Memoranda: old grave yard
Notes:
Register_Reference: P82 IN 1/17
Page_No: 55

Regards

Chris

burial records for lodge

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Saturday, November 05, 2016, 15:53 (2701 days ago) @ ChrisW

Ref the last two Records in Chris's post, this site contains several Memorial Inscriptions from the Christchurch Old Graveyard, including;

record_id 948
Location Row AA
Reference Number 410
Type Headstone
Surname LODGE
First Name Emily
Day 28
Month Jan
Year 1912
Age 50
Details Emily Lodge died Jan 28 1912 age 50 years also her husband Edwin Lodge died 4th March 1952 aged 88 years.
Notes
Parish Christchurch
Soundex L320

record_id 949
Location Row AA
Reference Number 410
Type Headstone
Surname LODGE
First Name Edwin
Day 4
Month Mar
Year 1952
Age 88
Details Emily Lodge died Jan 28 1912 age 50 years also her husband Edwin Lodge died 4th March 1952 aged 88 years.
Notes
Parish Christchurch
Soundex L320

See http://www.forest-of-dean.net/joomla/index.php/resources/memorial-inscriptions

I've searched the above on Ancestry and can confirm that images of the actual entries in the Parish Burial Records books can be seen and downloaded from that website, c/o Gloucestershire Archives. I believe the actual Parish Records themselves are held at Gloucester Archives.

This prior thread relates to this query.
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/fodmembers/index.php?mode=thread&id=43639

burial records for lodge

by colin.lodge @, saxmundham suffolk, Wednesday, November 09, 2016, 07:36 (2697 days ago) @ Jefff

Thanks Jeff for taking the time to answer my question. I do have the index's but was hoping to find the burial plots. I understand that more than likely the grave plots were documented and the records kept on site and have since got lost.I cannot get a definitive answer as to where they should have been but will persevere until I am sure they do not exist. Looking at my past entries on this site and along with responses I am very grateful and indeed impressed with the content here have managed to locate graves at bream, christchurch and viney hill,Im sure there will be more!

burial records for lodge

by colin.lodge @, saxmundham suffolk, Wednesday, November 09, 2016, 07:21 (2697 days ago) @ ChrisW

Hi Chris, Thanks for the information, yes the persons you list are correct, I do in fact have those particulars except for rose francis it seems the actual burial plot records may have been lost as I cannot seem to trace a source of where they may be. I have spent some considerable time on one of my visits to FOD at Christchurch graveyard looking for any lodges and only found one headstone for edmond and emily.I will be visiting again this weekend so will be visiting rose frances(russell) grave.

RSS Feed of thread