Baldwin Family (Parish Records)

by carolc @, CHELTENHAM, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 16:00 (2291 days ago)

Does anyone have information on William Baldwin of Cantilupe Road, Ross on Wye. He adopted a son called Francis Guy Baldwin and Francis had a girl called Pauline who unfortunately was killed by a bus in Cantilupe Road.

I am interested in where Pauline was cremated/buried. Her family now live in Canada and USA and I would dearly love to send them a photograph of the stone/plaque if there is one.

Baldwin Family

by shepway @, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 16:35 (2291 days ago) @ carolc

I assume this is death you refer to:
Deaths Jun 1950
Baldwin Pauline A 3 Ross 9a 77

There does not appear to be a corresponding burial in the Ross-on-Wye Parish Church Registers but there is a Cemetery in Ross and you can find contact details on the Town Council website.

Baldwin Family

by probinson @, S. Oxon, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 16:37 (2291 days ago) @ carolc

Do you have any dates?

Baldwin Family

by JaneyH ⌂ @, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Thursday, January 11, 2018, 13:30 (2290 days ago) @ carolc

There's a brief article in the Gloucester Citizen newspaper dated 8 April 1950 noting the inquest being opened and adjourned. Sadly no details about a funeral that might provide clues as to her resting-place.

Baldwin Family

by carolc @, CHELTENHAM, Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 14:19 (1669 days ago) @ JaneyH

Thanks to everyone for your information. It would now appear that Pauline was cremated at Cheltenham Crematorium and no stone was erected.

RSS Feed of thread