Abendego/Bendigo/Ben Selby 1871 (General)

by selbyfamily @, Monday, May 21, 2018, 16:41 (2139 days ago)

Bendigo will be included in the new Shrouds of the Somme Exhibition. He was the son of John Selby (1830) and Emily Williams and lived at Clearwell. His name is on the memorial at Thiepval as he has no known grave and at Llantrisant where the family lived later. He is also named on the memorial in the chapel at Ellwood.

THIS IS A LONG SHOT! Is it possible that anyone in the Forest has a photo of him? None of his near relations that I am in contact with has one.

If we could find one, it could be included with his entry in the Exhibition.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sheila

Abendego/Bendigo/Ben Selby 1871

by Imogenselby, Sunday, January 02, 2022, 18:09 (817 days ago) @ selbyfamily

Hi Sheila, my name is Imogen selby. My dad is Jonathan selby, he posted on here back in 2013 reaching out asking for any information about our family. My grandad was John Barrie selby and my great, great, great grandad was Shadrach selby. I have found small bits of information about my family but would like too know more, I have seen your name pop up a few times now whilst searching. I don’t suppose you can help guide me in the right direction into finding out more? We used too be in contact with relatives in Australia but have since lost touch. Would love too know if anyone can help me. Thanks

by selbyfamily @, Saturday, January 08, 2022, 15:05 (811 days ago) @ Imogenselby

Hi Imogen
Only saw your message yesterday and had to get a new password. I am sure I can help you with the Selby family. You do not seem to have an e-mail address. Can you put one on so I can write to you privately or click on mine and send me another message. Look forward to hearing from you.
Sheila

by Imogenselby, Saturday, January 08, 2022, 15:45 (811 days ago) @ selbyfamily

Hi again shelia, Thankyou . Would love too hear what you know :) hopefully speak soon.

by selbyfamily @, Saturday, January 08, 2022, 16:03 (811 days ago) @ Imogenselby

Hi Imogen. Thanks for that. However, you should not post your e-mail address for all to see. You should be able to enter it into your registration details and a letter icon will show up next to your name so people can e-mail you. I think there is one against mine. I will be in touch. Sheila

RSS Feed of thread