Holland/s family (General)

by nimrod, Friday, March 29, 2019, 14:28 (1853 days ago)

I have been researching the Holland/s family of Pauntley starting with the baptism of Charles John son of Eliza Holland at Redmarley in 1844. I have been unable to find any further information until the baptisms at Pauntley of John Charles (1865) and Eliza (1868, children of Charles and Eliza Holland.

I have traced these four family members up to the death of Eliza jnr in 1946. I would like to be able to fill in the gap in this family information.

nimrod

HOLLLAND/s & RICHARDSON

by MPGriffiths @, Friday, March 29, 2019, 17:23 (1852 days ago) @ nimrod

Mother's Maiden name : RICHARDSON

GRO Index

HOLLANDS
John Charles
S Qtr
Newest
Vol: 06A
Page 219

HOLLAND
Eliza
J Qtr
Newest
Vol: 06A
Page 238

---

Some Public Member Trees on Ancestry and gives, Eliza RICHARDSON aged 32, daughter crossed out sister - living with her brother Thomas RICHARDSON - aged 52, in Pauntley, (says she is married!)

Is on the 1841 census at Newent, Workhouse

-----

GlosBDM - will check FoD records

at Pauntley 1864

John Charles HOLLAN - Mary RICHARDSON

HOLLLAND/s & RICHARDSON

by MPGriffiths @, Friday, March 29, 2019, 17:42 (1852 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Pauntley

14 july 1864

John Charles HOLLANS

Aged 21
Batchelor
residence: Pauntley

father: Charles PRESTON, shoemaker

Eliza RICHARDSON, aged 33

father: William RICHARDSON - labourer

witnesses: James & Mary Ann RICHARDSON

Holland/PRESTON

by MPGriffiths @, Friday, March 29, 2019, 17:45 (1852 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

According to Charles John HOLLAND - this might his father

At Redmarley

17 January 1858

Charles Henry PRESTON - shoemaker, Redmarley
and his wife Elizabeth

had a son christened, Reuben Charles

----

Charles Henry PRESTON - Tree also on Public Members Tree (plus a photograph of him)

Holland/s family

by nimrod, Saturday, March 30, 2019, 11:22 (1852 days ago) @ nimrod

Thank you for your help. I've found the marriage of John Charles Hollans and Eliza Richardson at Pauntley. Also Elizabeth with her family at (Nanfan and Dobyns) Alms House Green, Newent. The family were there since 1828. The Alms Houses were replaced in the 1970s and the green became the car park.

The Hollands family led unusual lives. Charles the father drowned in a mill pond. Two months after his wife, Eliza died John Charles and his sister had a double wedding in 1892. John and Eliza (nee Richardson) had four sons. By 1901 and 1911 John lodged in Ebbw Vale and his sons were lodgers elsewhere.

In 1901 Eliza was a servant in Rodborough and by 1902 at Stroud Register Office she married again. I wonder if her first husband knew!

nimrod

RSS Feed of thread