Lavinia White? (General)

by heatherblockley @, Leicester, Thursday, August 29, 2019, 09:48 (1674 days ago)

Hi

My family (on my fathers side) originate from Joyford Monmouthshire and I have requested information before regarding my grandma Grace White which you gave me some really useful information.

This time I am looking for a lady called Lavinia (White)? whose husband was Allen and children Robert, Jenny, Freddie and Allen. Lavinia I believe came from the Joyford area and would have been born somewhere between 1915 - 1925. It is possible that she spent some time in Rye Sussex as I have a letter that was posted from Rye to my grandma's address.

I have found a Lavinia White born 1915 but cannot verify her husband and children having the above mentioned names. My father as a child knew a Lavinia but I do not not how they were related and he was born in 1924 so I'm guessing the age difference was not great. Also unsure if this is the same Lavinia.

I know that this is very sketchy but would appreciate any information however small regarding Lavinia and her children.

Kind regards
Heather

Lavinia White?

by MPGriffiths @, Thursday, August 29, 2019, 13:14 (1673 days ago) @ heatherblockley

Englnad & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index

Lavinia M WHITE, birth 04/1915 (Jan/Feb/March/April 1tr 1915, Monmouth, Monmouthshire (mother's maiden name: WATKINS)

The M is an important clue....

This could be her on the1939 Register, in Essex

Lavena M WHITE, and because after woman married - the married name was added, and there are two surnamces, DUNN and LITHENER

Lavena M WHITE

Maritial Statues, Single

Birth Date: 11 April 1915

Residence Year: 1939

Address: Village Reading Room

Residence Place: Halstead, Essex

(needs more work and checking etc)

Lavinia White?

by MPGriffiths @, Thursday, August 29, 2019, 13:20 (1673 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

WHITE/DUNN

This seems to be the first marriage

Lavinia M WHITE

Jan/Feb/March Qtr 1940

Forest of Dean

Gloucestershire

Lavinia M WHITE

Reginald J DUNN

GloucestershireBMD

Reginald James DUNN

Lavinia May WHITE

Forest of Dean
Coleford
St John the Evangelist

Transcript of this website

at Coleford

Reginald James DUNN, aged 24
Batchelor
Cpl. Oxford & Bucks Light Infantry
22 Victoria Road, Coleford

father: Ernest Sidney DUNN, Fish Salesman

Lavinia May WHITE
aged 24, Spinster

residence: Joyford nr Coleford

father: Benjamin White, Collier

witnesses: Francis John DUNN and Amy ROBSON

-

Here is Lavinia's second marriage

Allan G KITCHENER/Lavinia M DUNN

J/F/M Qtr 1942

Chelsmford Essex

Lavinia White?

by MPGriffiths @, Thursday, August 29, 2019, 13:50 (1673 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

From 1942 on Freebdm: KITCHENER - mother's maiden name: WHITE

Frederick A 1942 - District: Maidstone

Robert H - 1944 District: Battle

Allan - 1946 - District: Battle

Jennifer M - 1950 - District: Battle

Christine D - 1952 - District: Portsmouth

John F - 1952 - District: Portsmouth

----

?

Find A Grave Index, South Wales, Australia

Lavinia May KITCHENER

3 October 2011

Macquarie Park Cemetery and Crematorium

North Ryde, Ryde City, New South Wales, Australia

---

There is an Allan George KITCHENER

birth date: 23 November 1914 baptism Date: 10 Jan 1915 in Essex and he is on the 1939 census, as a Confectioner Cake Maker. Also there is an Allan George KITCHENER - on the Australia Electoral Rolls 1903-1980 - but I don't have a Worldwide Ancestry Subscription.

Possibly the family emigrated.

Lavinia White?

by shepway @, Thursday, August 29, 2019, 17:17 (1673 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

A result of a search on Ancestry confirms the family sailed to Sydney Australia on 12 October 1955. This is the entry for Lavinia:
Name: Mrs L M Kitchener
Departure Date: 12 Oct 1955
Port of Departure: London, England
Destination Port: Sydney, Australia
Ship Name: Oronsay
Shipping Line: Anderson, Green and Company, Limited

All members of the family are listed together with dates of birth and address in this country:
9 South Undercliff, Rye, Sussex
Mr A G Kitchener 23 November 1914
Mrs L M Kitchener 11 April 1915
Mr F Kitchener 23 September 1942
Master R Kitchener 6 June 1944
Master A Kitchener 12 February 1946
Miss J M Kitchener 24 February 1950

There is every possibility that the children are still alive.

It would appear that in addition to Lavinia being buried at Macquarie Park Cemetery and Crematorium her husband is also:
Name: Allan Geoffrey Kitchener
Event Type: Burial
Event Date: 2011
Event Place: North Ryde, , New South Wales, Australia
Photograph Included: N
Death Date: 13 May 2011
Affiliate Record Identifier: 145357717
Cemetery: Macquarie Park Cemetery and Crematorium

(The different second forename to that quoted in Baptism transcript is noted)

As stated in MPGriffiths posting Lavinia's first marriage was to Reginald James DUNN (transcript on this site) who had a twin Francis John DUNN who was a witness at the wedding:

Child Surname Child Forename Mother's Former Name Year District Office Register Entry
DUNN Francis John GOODWIN 1916 Forest of Dean Monmouth, Coleford (Sub-district 4) 5 460
DUNN Reginald James GOODWIN 1916 Forest of Dean Monmouth, Coleford (Sub-district 4) 5 459

Sadly Reginald lost his life in WW11 just 2 months after his marriage:
https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2775880/dunn,-reginald-james/

The marriage states that Lavinia's father was Benjamin White, Collier and her birth registration tells us that her mother's maiden name is Watkins but I have not found a marriage. However there is a marriage 8 April 1912 at Christchurch between George Edward White and Charlotte Watkins. Witnesses were William Henry Watkins and Lavinia White.
This would appear to be the WHITE family at Joyford Lonk in 1901:

Household Number Given Name Surname Relationship Age Birth Year (Derived) Gender Birth City Birth County Birth Country
31 Henry White Head 61 1840 Male West Dean Gloucestershire England
31 Annie White Wife 51 1850 Female West Dean Gloucestershire England
31 Henry White Son West Dean Gloucestershire England
31 George White Son West Dean Gloucestershire England
31 William White Son 7 1894 Male West Dean Gloucestershire England
31 Lavinia White Daughter 13 1888 Female West Dean Gloucestershire England
31 Richard White Son 11 1890 Male West Dean Gloucestershire England
31 Hubert White Son 6 1895 Male West Dean Gloucestershire England
31 Oliver White Son 12 1889 Male West Dean Gloucestershire England

Mike

Lavinia White?

by heatherblockley @, Leicester, Friday, August 30, 2019, 11:37 (1673 days ago) @ shepway

Hi Mike

Thank you so very much for the information. How sad that Reginald Dunn lost his life at such a young age and that Lavinia lost her husband so soon after their marriage. Thankfully it seems she had a good second marriage with 6 lovely children. I have photo's of Robert, Allen and Fredrick when they were youngsters but no other information about them so good to have faces for names.

Kind regards
Heather

Lavinia White?

by heatherblockley @, Leicester, Friday, August 30, 2019, 11:46 (1673 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Hi

Thank you so much for the information you have given me it has made my search complete with the help of yourself and Mike. As I told Mike I have photo's of Robert, Frederick and Allen so it is good to put life information to those faces. Robert looks (as a child) very much like my grandson Oscar which is really nice.

I found a photo of Lavinia on Ancestry and showed my dad who was at the time 85 and it made him smile he said she was a lovely person. I did not know that it was this Lavinia (born 1915) at the time as there was no surname or any further conversion regarding her as he died shortly afterwards.

It was very kind of you to spend time looking for everything you told me and I really appreciate it.

Kind regards
Heather

RSS Feed of thread