Newnham Churchyard (General)

by mcowan @, Saturday, September 14, 2019, 08:19 (1659 days ago)

If anyone has ancestors buried in Newnham Churchyard a comprehensive list with map has been produced and is available to view in the Church during Heritage Week on various afternoons. I took a look yesterday and although didn't find any of my ancestors it is obvious a lot of excellent research has taken place.

Newnham Churchyard

by HarryBrook @, Monday, September 16, 2019, 16:29 (1656 days ago) @ mcowan

This was reported in The Forester newspaper on 11 September. The researchers from the Newnham Historical Group are to be highly commended on the work they have put into this resource.
If I might offer a very friendly comment, it would be very much more useful to, particularly remote, family history researchers if the index, which is reported as being in the form a spreadsheet, could be made available to search online. It would save a lot of, possibly frustrating and fruitless, journeys to Newnham Church to view the index in person.
Perhaps Newnham Historical Group might consider this and, perhaps, deposit a copy of the index on this site if it is not possible on their own website.
Just a wish, plea!

Newnham Churchyard

by probinson @, S. Oxon, Monday, September 16, 2019, 17:49 (1656 days ago) @ HarryBrook

There is an email address on their website at https://newnhamonsevern.co.uk/living/groups/history-groupintro/ and it might be worth emailing them the suggestion. There is a person of the same name listed as a member of this forum but they don't appear to be a frequent visitor so may not see your plea.

--
Peter

RSS Feed of thread