Family history records when one passes on (General)

by RogerrGriffiths @, Swindon, Saturday, October 26, 2019, 17:45 (1637 days ago)

I'm 76 and not in the best of health. I have accumulated a wealth of information as well as the Tree back to 1702. Any ideas where to put it before I shuffle off this mortal coil, if that's the right phrase.

Family history records when one passes on

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:30 (1637 days ago) @ RogerrGriffiths

Sorry to hear abt your health worries Roger.

Do we presume you don't have descendants, or they're not interested ?.

Is your tree on a website, or in "hard" form, or what ?.

Hope things improve for you sir,
atb Jeff.

by RogerrGriffiths @, Swindon, Sunday, October 27, 2019, 08:04 (1636 days ago) @ Jefff

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your kind message. No descendants and wider family are just not interested in their roots. I have Tree and illustrated narrative on computer. Yesterday, I started to load on Family Search and will send memory stick to Society of Genealogists.

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Sunday, October 27, 2019, 19:18 (1636 days ago) @ RogerrGriffiths

Thanks for clarifying Roger.
Your response and the other replies on this thread leads me to think you're already doing the right things, I hope it all goes to plan. It's kind of you to want to let others benefit from your researches in this way.
Good luck, J.

by RogerrGriffiths @, Swindon, Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 12:00 (1634 days ago) @ RogerrGriffiths

Update. Spoke to Society of Genealigists, Gloucestershire CRO and Monmouthshire CRO this morning. very positive responses from all three.

by ChrisW @, Saturday, October 26, 2019, 23:55 (1636 days ago) @ RogerrGriffiths

Hello Roger,

I believe some people have donated theirs to Gloucestershire Archives? It might be worth contacting them to enquire.

Best Wishes
Chris

by RogerrGriffiths @, Swindon, Sunday, October 27, 2019, 08:07 (1636 days ago) @ ChrisW

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your suggestion. I was thinking about Gloucestershire CRO and Monmouthshire CRO. Will investigate this week.

by nimrod, Sunday, October 27, 2019, 11:58 (1636 days ago) @ RogerrGriffiths

Roger - The GRO is now named The Heritage History Hub but I still call it the GRO. Best of luck.
nimrod

RSS Feed of thread