Stephen William Arthur Presley born 1921 Monmouthshire (General)

by belinda68, Saturday, February 08, 2020, 19:20 (1510 days ago)

Hi I am looking for descendants of Stephen William Arthur Presley who married Iris Parry in 1949. Stephens parents were James Presley and Clara nee Jones of Tiddenham.

Regards
Belinda

Stephen William Arthur Presley born 1921 Monmouthshire

by probinson @, S. Oxon, Sunday, February 09, 2020, 08:49 (1510 days ago) @ belinda68

There are at least five trees on Ancestry that have information. One has six children shown. All indicated as living and, therefore, details not available.

If you have Ancestry access then try this link https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/46461699/person/292159699034/facts

This forum does not allow discussions of living people so you should make yourself contactable by email so, if anyone does have information, they can contact you. Check the box in your profile that says 'email address contactable'.

--
Peter

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Sunday, February 09, 2020, 09:18 (1510 days ago) @ probinson

Just to add to the post by probinson.
We strongly recommend the reading of Posting Guidelines where you will find guidance on searching for living relatives. To access your profile:
Login.
Click on your username which you will find near top left of the screen.

A search of the Marriage Index on FreeBMD indicates that the marriage to Stephen Presley was Iris Parry's second one:
Marriages Sep 1949
Forty Iris G Presley Caerleon 8c 471
Parry Iris G Presley Caerleon 8c 471
Presley Stephen W Fortey Caerleon 8c 471
Presley Stephen W Parry Caerleon 8c 471

Marriages Jun 1943
Fortey Clifford A Parry Caerleon 11a 619
Parry Iris G Fortey Caerleon 11a 619

There were also children by this marriage.

Admin

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Sunday, February 09, 2020, 18:29 (1509 days ago) @ admin

Hi Belinda,
just to clarify and as stated above, you can find the likely offspring via the FreeBMD site, just enter both parents' surnames and search for Births. Suggest at first don't try to filter the district or county as the results are listed in a format that's easy to browse thro. If I recall correctly the FreeBMD site only covers up to the late 1960s or so, but not much more recent than that, for which you need look elsewhere eg Ancestry.
https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

If you wish to research your earlier ancestors, searching this forum for related posts gives this prior thread which is hopefully of interest to you.
https://forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=45805

Good luck in your future researches.
J

by rgeorge73, Saturday, February 15, 2020, 12:04 (1503 days ago) @ belinda68

hi belinda ,
stepnen father james is my mothers uncle, she is still alive and is 102 years of age .
her father was edmund arthur presley born 1882 ,james was born in 1889 in tidenham .
father was arthur presley born 1850 in kingston deverill wilts .
mother was sarah legge born in plaistow essex .
sarah had 13 children with arthur and 1 out of wedlock being richard who was the eldest .
arthur died in 1906 , and sarah died in 1920 .
i hope this have been useful in your search ,please note that the name arthur
have been use in lots of middle names in the family .
richard arthur george .

by belinda68, Monday, February 17, 2020, 07:40 (1502 days ago) @ rgeorge73

Hi Richard

that must mean we are related somehow?

regards
Belinda

RSS Feed of thread