Elijah Jesse Edwards & Rose Ann Aston (General)

by familyhistory2021, Thursday, August 19, 2021, 14:03 (973 days ago)

Hi.I've been trawling Ancestry for so long I was starting to lose hope. I then stumbled across this website. I'm like a kid in a sweetshop. My 2xgrt grandparents were Elijah Jesse Edwards and Rose Ann Aston. I have Elijah's dad as Alfred Edwards on a marriage certificate but I cannot find his mums details-that is until I stumbled across this website. If anyone has anymore information that they wouldn't mind me knowing or can help me find anything else out- I would love to make contact- even possibly find some distant cousins. Thank you

Elijah Jesse Edwards & Rose Ann Aston

by shepway @, Thursday, August 19, 2021, 15:40 (973 days ago) @ familyhistory2021

The GRO Index provides the following:
Name: Mother's Maiden Surname:
EDWARDS, ELIJAH JESSE -
GRO Reference: 1861 D Quarter in MONMOUTH Volume 11A Page 29

You will see that the surname of the mother is not given and this indicates that he was born to a single mother. To be certain you would need to order his birth certificate. You can do this online by going to: https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/indexes_search.asp#Results
You will have the option to purchase a full certificate or a PDF copy which is cheaper.
Earlier research suggests that his mother could be Esther but the only way to be sure is by obtaining the certificate.

It is most probable that Alfred Edwards is not the father.

Mike

by familyhistory2021, Thursday, August 19, 2021, 15:45 (973 days ago) @ shepway

Thanks for coming back to me Mike - actually just sent off for his birth certificate.Hopefully will answer some questions. Think I was just a little over excited that I'd finally found some information on him. Kindest Regards

by shepway @, Thursday, August 19, 2021, 15:52 (973 days ago) @ familyhistory2021

Happy to help and I am sorry it was not the answer you hoped for.

Good luck with your research
Mike

by Olimnala, Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 11:51 (933 days ago) @ familyhistory2021

Rose Ann Aston, born 1880, was my Grandmother's (Ivy Aston) half sister, born 1902.
I am on Ancestry UK and am willing to exchange information.

RSS Feed of thread