Ballinger Bricks (General)

by da058846 @, Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 21:42 (919 days ago)

Hi,
Wondered if anyone can help?
An ancestor, George William Ballinger, lived in Cliffords Mesne, then Huntley, then Longhope, and died 1910, aged 50. He was a builder/brickmaker.
My queries:
1. Where is he buried? I can't find a burial on the forest of dean parish burials.
2. I know there are bricks that exist, named G.W.Ballinger, more towards Kilcot/Newent/Cliffords Mesne. Might anyone know of these bricks and where they may have been made?
Dan

Ballinger Bricks

by mcowan @, Thursday, October 14, 2021, 10:27 (918 days ago) @ da058846

On Ancestry the registration of his death is given as Westbury on Severn.

Ballinger Bricks

by mcowan @, Thursday, October 14, 2021, 10:43 (918 days ago) @ mcowan

On Gloucestershire free bmd it gives a little more detail staying his death as in Newnham on Severn.

Ballinger Bricks

by mcowan @, Thursday, October 14, 2021, 10:52 (918 days ago) @ mcowan

I've just remembered that a few years ago as part of History Heritage week the friends of Newnham Church complied a list of the gravestones in the churchyard so you may get some information from the church if you're lucky.

Ballinger Bricks

by MPGriffiths @, Thursday, October 14, 2021, 21:13 (918 days ago) @ da058846

? not sure if any connection....... but the census listed appears to be the same family.

There is a previous link - from Friday, December 18 2009 .... from ritamclean (Rita Ballinger)

Headed: Lost Burial of Emma BALLINGER (nee Symonds) - who died 26 May 1886 and living in Cliffords Mesne, Newent....

(Hopefully Admin can do the link) - or use the Search box

Rita says, her parents married in St Peter's Cliffords Mesne, here mother was living at Tump Cottage when she was born in 1943)

Also talks about her x Gt Grandfather James BALLINGER buried in St Peter's in Clifford Mesne in 1910 - and believes he was mentioned in the Gloucester Journal

Ballinger Bricks

by philrmoon11, Friday, October 15, 2021, 11:29 (917 days ago) @ da058846

Any relation to the ballinger's from whitchurch Herefordshire please

Best wishes Phil

Ballinger Bricks

by jospp @, Monday, October 18, 2021, 16:53 (914 days ago) @ da058846

There is a small burial ground attached to the Zion Baptist Chapel in Longhope.
As far as I am aware there is no index to the burials there and it hasn't been used for years.
Were they non-conformists?

Ballinger Bricks

by richards @, Monday, October 18, 2021, 19:30 (914 days ago) @ jospp

The gravestones are listed and Photographed on the Longhope Website, no sign of a Ballenger....
The Zion Chapel records used to be held by a neighbour in the 1990's wonder where they are now?

http://www.longhopevillage.co.uk/FamilyHistory/Zion/ViewGrave.aspx

RSS Feed of thread