SERVER UPGRADE (General)

by admin2 @, Monday, February 14, 2022, 18:54 (774 days ago)

Hi all

The server on which the website and the Forum run was upgraded over the weekend of 12/13 February. It will be faster and more reliable, including providing better security.

We have spotted a few minor glitches and are fixing them.

If you do notice any further problems please respond to this thread. We will then deal with anything that arises and others can know which issues have been reported..

Regards

Paul

--
Admin 2

SERVER UPGRADE

by grahamdavison @, Saturday, February 19, 2022, 10:45 (769 days ago) @ admin2

Hi Paul,

When doing a parish register search and trying to look at the second page results I get the
Server Error message 403 Forbidden

SERVER UPGRADE

by croome @, Saturday, February 19, 2022, 13:14 (769 days ago) @ grahamdavison

Hi Graham

Thanks for reporting that. However I cannot reproduce the problem when I try a search on parish records that shows multiple pages.

I am logged in as this user (ie not an admin user) and can switch to all the pages that show up in the list at the foot of the first page.

Can you let me know what login you were using and the exact search (eg was it limited to marriages, births etc). There may be something very specific creating a problem in some cases.

Regards

Paul
Admin2

SERVER UPGRADE

by grahamdavison @, Saturday, February 19, 2022, 13:30 (769 days ago) @ croome

I was searching S%M%ON% John baptisms 1730 range 20 years, this gives 2 pages with the second not accessible.

SERVER UPGRADE

by croome @, Saturday, February 19, 2022, 14:57 (769 days ago) @ grahamdavison

It looks as though it is a search with a wildcard % causing the problem. If the result is more than one page then all pages other than the first seem to be blocked.

The scripts have not changed so I will have to do a bit more testing.

Regards

Paul

SERVER UPGRADE

by abird @, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 17:54 (757 days ago) @ admin2

In Resources / Parish Records when I click on the link to get the list of transcribed records I get a 500 Internal Server error.

Adrian

SERVER UPGRADE

by admin2 @, Thursday, March 03, 2022, 18:23 (757 days ago) @ abird

Hi Adrian

We are aware of the problem (that resource is being access by improper users - not you!). We are aiming to solve it but meanwhile who can get similar information from

https://forest-of-dean.net/joomla/index.php/advanced-search

and choosing the parish option on the dropdown menu.

Regards

Paul

--
Admin 2

RSS Feed of thread