Looking for the father of Emanuel Drew (General)

by Nullagine, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 12:29 (519 days ago)

Emanuel Drew was baptised on 10 Dec 1851 with his mother, Alice Drew, single woman shown as the only parent. The baptism was in St John Church Cinderford. I have information that he was born on 12 Nov 1851 at Westbury on Severn.

Her parents were Emmanuel Drew and Elizabeth Cook, and she was born on 26 September 1831 at Little Dean.

I have information that suggest that Alice Drew married George Edwards on 21 July 1853.

I am looking for help in finding the father of Emanuel (Manuel or Emmanuel) Drew - can anyone assist here ?

many thanks

Looking for the father of Emanuel Drew

by MPGriffiths @, Thursday, October 27, 2022, 08:36 (518 days ago) @ Nullagine

As the 1851 Census was taken on the 30 March and the child was born in November, where was Alice Drew living. DNA is probably the only way forward, unless there was a Order on the man to pay maintenance etc.

Looking for the father of Emanuel Drew

by sidtoomey01 @, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Thursday, October 27, 2022, 21:42 (518 days ago) @ Nullagine

In the 1851 Census, Alice Drew was recorded as living with her Mother at Ruspidge, East Dean.
Also recorded as part of the household was Mary Ann Simmonds, aged 10 who was recorded as being a "Visitor".
The three of them were the only members of the household.

Sid Toomey

RSS Feed of thread