WATKINS BLATCHFORD and MEEK family connections (General)

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Friday, August 12, 2005, 23:53 (6833 days ago)

In my search to find who the father of my great-grandfather Joseph WATKINS I am including a few details here of the BLATCHFORD and MEEK families though I have no documented proof that they are directly connected I hope that additional information may come forward.

I believe that Mary A. the wife of William BLATCHFORD is Mary A. WATKINS a grand-daughter of John WATKINS.

Henrietta BLATCHFORD maried William MEEK and known children are Elizabeth and Phylis. My father Harold WATKINS (b.1923) lived with this family in Ruardean for about 5 years while the rest of the WATKINS family moved to Manchester. Harold moved to Machester to rejoin the family when he was about 10 years of age.

1881 Census (living next door to some of the WATKINS family)

William BLATCHFORD Head M Male 28 Kilmerston Somerset England Coal Miner
Mary A. BLATCHFORD Wife M Female 29 East Dean Gloucester England
Clarence BLATCHFORD Son Male 4 East Dean Gloucester England
Henrieta BLATCHFORD Daur Female 2 East Dean Gloucester England

Source Information:
Dwelling Newham Bottom
Census Place Westbury On Severn - East Dean Gloucester England
Family History Library Film 1341609
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 2522 / 20
Page Number 1

All children of William and Henrietta BLATCHFORD (information obtined from a member of the Meek family)
Elizabeth
Ursula
Lois
Clarence
Henrietta
Sidney

Joseph WATKINS married Elizabeth MILLS at Clifton Bristol Ive always wondered how Joseph a coal miner from Ruardeam met Elizabeth from Clifton.

Photo of Harold Watkins with Henrietta and Elizabeth Meek outside Holly Cottage Ruardean.
http://forest-of-dean.net/gallery/watkins_ruardean/pages/page_19.html

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread