William BLATCHFORD married Mary WATKINS (General)

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 08:43 (6823 days ago) @ admin

I believe that Mary A. the wife of William BLATCHFORD is Mary A. WATKINS a grand-daughter of John WATKINS.

Confirmed by the marriage certificate that the wife of William BLATCFORD is Mary WATKINS.

It appears that Mary WATKINS was born illegitimate abt 1853 and I am now looking for further clues of who the parents were. All I know of her is that she is the grandaughter of John WATKINS from earlier census information. On the marriage certificate she gives her fathers name as John WATKINS but I believe that name was entered for convenience.

If anybody has access to the 1891 and or 1901 Census I would be pleased if you could find any information on William and Mary BLATCHFORD who would be living at or near Ruardean.

I also suspect that that Mary WATKINS could possibly be the mother of my great-grandfather Joseph WATKINS born about 1867 East Dean. This is only a guess as Mary would only have been about 15 or 16 at the time but it is a possibility.

Thanks

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread