Frost family (General)

by Joseph Frost @, Saturday, May 06, 2006, 04:21 (6568 days ago) @ Sonia Parry

Hello Sonia,

My Solomon was born circa 1786 somewhere in Monmouthshire. His father (Joseph Frost) married an Ann Palmer at Garway in 1775. Joseph also had a brother called Solomon and another called Samuel. Joseph's father was also a Samuel; this Samuel's father was a Joseph; this Jospeh's father was another Joseph and his father a George who was born circa 1600. They were all born in the Wyaston/Edlaston/Snelston area of southern Derbyshire. Joseph came to Garway in the 1770s and there married an Ann Palmer. There were four children born to Joseph and Ann at Garway: Thomas (bpt 1776), Joseph - my direct bloodline - (bpt 1776), Ann (bpt 1779), and Esther (bpt 1780). Then born in Monouthshire were Elizabeth (bpt 1782), Dinah (bpt 1784, Solomon (bpt 1786 - I think), Sarah (bpt 1787), and Lois (bpt 1791). The last, Lois, was born at Penallt when Joseph was at "The Argoed" or more likely "The Argoed Estate". The other may have been born at "The Craig", Penbibble, or even Llanthony. Near "The Argoed" there is a property called "Frostlands". I believe that was property of the Frosts. Joseph retired to Llangatock Lingoed circa 1816 and he an Ann die there circa 1817. Solomon worked the farm at "The Argoed" with his father. A number of daughters were married at the Old Church Penallt. If interested in more info I suggest you email me direct. I will be happy to share my file with you and others, but it is too extensive to fit this mode. Joseph Frost

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread