Redhill, Redmarley (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 00:48 (4541 days ago) @ slowhands

Hi Lucy, (seems an inadequate way to address nobility!)

thanks so much for your reply. I am personally still very interested in this story although it seems the original poster is not. I did send direct mails to her regarding the forum's findings but she didnt reply. I must say I do find it frustrating that a surprisingly high number of original posters don't seem to have the simple courtesy to followup their queries but I guess thats a sign of the times...

Moving on, thanks too to Slowhands for confirming the address as "Redhill", which I presume places it more or less where I surmised ?. Do you or anyone else know if the house is still standing, thinking again I guess Pfera Hall might be socalled due to foreign owners ??, is this the same house do you think ?. Googling Pfera shows very little clues at all. A chapter was devoted to the Hall within a fairly recent book about Redmarley, I'll try and find it at the Library when I visit at Chrismastime.
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/GLS/RedmarleydAbitot/index.html

Perhaps more relevant to the original query, were your ancestors in Redmarley, at Redhill presumably, back in the 1860s ?

Please don't spend to much effort on this, as it appears you'll only be trying to satisfy my curiosity and desire to complete a task, but I would be pleased to know.

Thanks again, Jeff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread