Phera Hall, Redmarley (General)

by unknown, Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 11:52 (4498 days ago) @ Jefff

Hi, Jeff, I was fascinated to come across a mention of Phera Hall by accident. I grew up in Redmarley and came to Australia with my parents when I was fourteen in 1966. I remember as a child playing at Pfera Hall. As well as caring for elderly people (my grandparents were actually residents there at one point) the owners or lessees of the day (not sure which) also had a few foster children staying at various times. We all went to Lowbands school in those days and then on to Newent in high school but as Lowbands was a fairly small school we all knew each other pretty well so as my brothers and sisters and I were friendly with some of the foster kids we played at the hall several times ... always outside, never inside. But from time to time we did get a tantalising glimpse inside. I think my grandfather died just before we came to Australia and my grandmother remained at the Hall until her death. Thanks for reminding me of the wonderful childhood we had in Redmarley. I'm actaully trying to find the exact house we lived in as one of my sisters is visiting in April but I can't recognise it. I too would love to know if the Hall is still there. Cheers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread