Mabel Price (General)

by suer @, Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:40 (3952 days ago) @ Jefff

Thanks Geff for your reply Mabel was my Grandmother and she told my mother very little about her past only that her mothers maiden name was Emily Price and she was born in Newhham Gloucester her Grandfathers name was John Price and that they lived at severn st Newnham this tallies with census records.Emily had a daughter may King born in 1899 she married a Charles Francis King in 1901, mabel also had a younger brother registered as Thomas price who was born in a gloucester workhouse in 1897 in the parish of John the Baptist. The family moved around as Emily had a son Charles King born in 1904 in Lambeth London and a son William born same in 1905,In 1909 Emily is in the Sheffield workhouse with a baby daughter Norah the three boys are also in a workhouse, In 1910 Emily the boys and norah were sent back to a Gloucester workhouse Mabel stayed in Sheffield.The the boys were sent to Canada as work boys.As far as my mother knows Mabel had no contact with her mother mabel could never find her birth certificate it is possible she did not know she was illegitimate and she was looking for mabel King this is the name that is on her marriage certificate.I am also in touch with Charles Kings Son who as also done a lot of research and it was him who found the baptism for Thomas Price mother Emily Price at St Cathrines.Francis Charles King is also a mystery as I cant find him on any census Emily remarried in 1916 to a William Charles Keyse and the
certificate states she is a widow hope this all makes sense.
once again thanks for your help Sue

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread