Mabel KING - 584 Brightside Lane, Sheffield - 1911 census (General)

by MPGriffiths @, Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 13:18 (3867 days ago) @ Jefff

Well spotted Jeff.

I too watched Una STUBBS - what a terrible place the Workhouse looked. Well done Emily to have some children survive, the poor woman must have been wretched!

Interesting

Francis Charles KING on the birth certificate of Norah - 7 December 1909 - was living at 584 Brightside Lane, Sheffield.

On the 1911 census, Mabel KING aged 15 - is visiting there - and a Tailoress, born Gloucester - so she's not the Mabel KING found earlier working in Monmouthshire i.e. 1911 Census, Risca Road, Newport, Mable KING age 15, General Servant, born Gloucester City.

Mabel is living with a William CHURCHARD, wife Alice Maud and family on the 1911 census at 584 Brightside Lane.

William and Alice are not living there in 1901 - they are at 27 Charlton Street, Brightside - and he was a Bricklayers Labourer - same occupation as Francis Charles KING, so they must have known each other through work.

584 Brightside in 1901 - James R HAUNTON - aged 38, born Norfolk - no sign on any census returns of Francis Charles KING !!! after 1871.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread