Ephraim BAGLIN misheard as Abraham ?? (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Monday, November 24, 2014, 14:30 (3450 days ago) @ Jefff

UPDATE !

I have just done the obvious, and belated searched all the possible sources including this site's PRs for a ABRAHAM Baglin/Bagland. After a "sleepless" night I'm pleased to say I cannot find such a person anywhere apart from one born in Devon in 1721.
Hence I think it clear that for Abraham Baglin in 1841 Census we should read Ephraim.

Finally, apologies for my own confusion over the spelling of Ephraim, sharp readers may have noticed I started by following the thread's lead by spelling it "Ephraim". Then after seeing his photo on this site's gallery changed all my spellings to "Ephriam", as this more closely follows the correct pronounication. However I have now re-corrected my text back to "Ephraim" in line with all the PRs and Census, who am I to doubt all these people !.

Judging by the spelling variations I've seen my name over the years, I shudder to think how some people might spell Ephraim in the C21st.
I do hope my wanderings have helped you Sally, thanks for the interesting query,
Jeofery ;-)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread