Theodore Jacobson (continued) (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Friday, September 30, 2016, 21:51 (2765 days ago) @ Jefff

Here's the family in 1911,

1911 Census, 22 North Road, Bargoed, Glamorgan.
Name Relation to Head Birth Date Age Gender Marital Status Occupation Birth City Birth County Birth Country Address
Theodore Jacobson Head 1864 47 Male Married 20yrs Stationary Engine Driver Farsund Norway
Mary Jacobson Wife 1866 45 Female Married Cardiff Glamorgan Wales
Randolph Jacobson Son 1892 19 Male Single Electric Engine Driver Cardiff Glamorgan Wales
Hilda Jacobson Daughter 1894 17 Female Single Cardiff Glamorgan Wales
Leonard Jacobson Son 1896 15 Male Single Collier Boy (Below Ground) Cardiff Glamorgan Wales
Dorothy Jacobson Daughter 1898 13 Female School Cardiff Glamorgan Wales
Winnifreda Jacobson Daughter 1900 11 Female School Cardiff Glamorgan Wales

Bargoed is in the Rhymney Valley abt 5 miles from Merthyr Tydfil, a fair way inland from Cardiff.

I still wonder if this is the correct Theodore ??

Looking at the various public trees on Ancestry, it seems I'm not the only confused person researching Theodore, which is reassuring !. Most trees don't discuss Theodore's life prior to his marriage. One of the trees agrees with my belief that maybe Theodore married Nellie and then married Mary Falle, yet states that at the 1891 Census "Nellie is living in Pearl Street, lodging with widow and seamstress Mary Ann Goddard. Her husband Theodore is aboard ship "Liberal" on 1891 census."

???

Then again, I should have checked earlier, I see Nellie was indeed known as Nellie since her birth reigistration. So is the Ellen in my 1891 Census the same lady, or not ?. But Ellen gave her birthplace as Tidenham !! Then again, why did Theodore give his as Plymouth ?. I cannot find a marriage between an "Ellen" and any "Jacobson" anywhere in the UK at any time, so who is this "married" couple ?.

Re-searching the 1891 Census shows there is no Nellie Jacobson in the 1891 Census. In actual fact the above tree statement relates to the same Census form I found, for "Ellen", who is indeed living next-door to Mary Ann Goddard on "my" census too. Perhaps the same Census form has included Theodore at Ellen's suggestion, even tho' he wasn't actually in the house at the time of the Census ?, this may explain why he's listed AFTER she (Ellen/Nellie) on the form ?.

Help please.... !

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread