Noah Cutter (General)

by Chrisem, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 16:56 (2099 days ago) @ shepway

Gosh that’s a lot to take in. What you have done for sure is find out where Sarah Robbins was on 1841 census night - with her son James Cutter in Bristol. So to explain how I got to where I was. Following my dads line, I found Phillip Davis my great grandfather and from there his father John Davis who married Elmira Cutter in Monmouth. I couldn’t find anything for Elmira from when her father died and contacted Gwent archives who were really helpful. They found Elmira (mirah on the 1841 census) living with James Robbins and his family in Penallt not her mother Sarah. Noah died in 1826 when Elmira was a few months old. I then found a marriage cert for Sarah and James Robbins in 1833. Her status was widowed. I have a death entry for her in 1863 in Penallt so assume it’s her.

Unfortunately our library closed at 4.30 so I need to go back next week. Funnily enough we used to live in Malvern and have friends in nearby Staunton where Anne Gough was born, I agree it looks like maybe she’d been widowed before she marries Noah. At the time it was unusual for people to get to an old age - saying that if correct it looks like Thomas cutter lived to 100!
Ok thanks again and onwards and upwards,
I’m indebted to you for all the help

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread