Phebe ROBERTS nee HARRIS Hawthorns 1800/1 - 1876 (Urgent)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Monday, November 06, 2023, 17:04 (174 days ago) @ slowhands

Hi S,
many thanks for this, the Census info I had for the famliy was only from the LDS/FamilySearch site, so I didn't have specific/precise place names etc, thanks for those extra essential details. Also thanks for confirming his wife Hannah was widowe at the time of the 1861 census - late last night it belatedly occurred to me to look-up that census, so thanks for doing so.

In truth, before this weekend, I'd not covered this branch of the tree in much detail at all, and that was some years ago when I first got into this great hobby; but as soon as I saw the mention of an Aaron Roberts in the newspaper reports I felt he was probably one of "mine". Just a shame his name can be spelt in so many ways, I recall it took me ages to find Aron on the 1841 census, for example, before I learnt about such pitfalls.

David's post and it's surprising outcome has persuaded me to renew my online subscriptions and make a determined effort to finish/update my own family trees, of which I have a dozen on the go - what little time I've had for FH research in recent years I've spent helping others with their queries, which is rewarding, but my own trees have been neglected, so thanks again everyone.

And yes, agree entirely as to why they married out of the Parish - or maybe the in-laws were worried that Aaron Roberts was a "bad un" ?. That said, yes by the 1851 census his own mother Hannah was now living with the family, which was hopefully an amicable arrangement.

Interesting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread