Thomas and Mary Blanch-Cook (General)

by Ann Clark @, Essex England, Saturday, March 05, 2005, 06:21 (6964 days ago)

Regarding my message dated 28 Dec 2004 about Thomas and Mary Blanch-Cook,looking at some more info i have come across they would most likely have only been known by the surname Cook.Thomas married Mary Ann Critchley on 21 Sept. 1885 at St. Pauls Church West Dean, at the time of his marriage he lived at Lane End and worked as a labourer.

His mothers name was Harriett Cook,his step fathers name was Elijah Blanch hence the double surname.I cannot find Thomas,s birth anywhere. On his marriage certificate there is no paternal fathers name, i know from his age at time of marriage that he was born 1862.Ihave a copy of his mothers marriage certificate when she wed Elijah Blanch,that was 31 Oct.1863 also at St. Pauls Church,Thomas would have been 2 years old.

Harriett came from Pillowell and her fathers name was John Cook he was a labourer.

Elijah Blanch came from Lane End he was also a labourer, his fathers name was William Blanch and he was a Quarry Man.

On the 1901 census Thomas and Mary lived at Bakers Hill Coleford and Thomas now works as a Stone Quarry Labourer.I have a copy of Thomas,s Death certificate,he died 31 oct 1901 at home at Bakers Hill aged just 39.Thomas's wife Mary also came from Coleford ,her fathers name was James Critchley he was a Quarry Man.

I hope this extra info helps. All my relations on my fathers side came from Glouc.Other names i am researching are Nelmes from Victoria St.Youngs from Newland and Smith from Bream. Looking forward to some more info if anyone out there can help.

Regards Ann

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread