Mary Baldwin b. 1781 to Richard and Sarah? (General)

by geniejan, Thursday, November 06, 2008, 08:59 (5670 days ago) @ James Phillips-Evans

Hello, I am wondering if you could clear up a bit of a mystery for me. You have a Mary Baldwin born in 1781, daughter of Richard and Sarah Baldwin, who marries Joseph Hale in 1805. I have a Mary Baldwin listed as the mother of John Baldwin. John was born in 1796 in Ruardean. John is listed as the base child of Mary Baldwin. As of yet I have not been able to determine a likely candidate for the father of John. In Sept. 1805 a Mary Baldwin marries a James Betham ub Ruardean. In 1806 a John Betham is baptised in Ruardean to a James and Mary Betham.

In the 1861 census entry for my John Baldwin in the village of Victoria, Bedwellty, Monmouthshire is John and wife, his daughter, son-in-law and another male, 55 year old John Badam (RG9 / 4004).

As of yet I have not found James or Mary Betham/Badham in the 1851 census records.

1841 census in Breconshire, Llyswen, HO107 / 1370/20 is the family of James Badham, age 60, farmer, Mary Badham, age 60, and John Badham, age 32

So, my question is if my Mary Baldwin who was the mother of John Baldwin is the same woman who married Joseph Betham who are her parents? Were there 2 Mary Baldwin's born ca 1781 in Ruardean? One who married Mr. Hale and one who married Mr. Betham?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread