ELBOROUGH/GARDINER Ampney Crucis (General)

by m p griffiths @, Thursday, January 21, 2010, 10:02 (5207 days ago) @ slowhands

The marriage of Anthony GARDNER to Ann ELBOROUGH 10 November 1795, Ampney Crucis

born 1 February 1778, Ampney Cruis, parents William and Ann ELBOROUGH.
William ELBOROUGH (born 24 September 1740) of AC married Ann FRAMPTON - 9 September 1773 Ampney Crucis

My maiden name was BOWN and I decend from Ann's sister Mary ELBOROUGH- Ampney Crucis, born 22 June 1780 - Married - William BOWN - Ampney Crucis 5 July 1798. Do have more info in my files.

I have a copy Will of William Elborough 1797 (Farm Owner) - in which he quotes

'also I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Ann (c1778), the Wife of Anthony GARDNER, the large Oak Table commonly standing in the Kitchen'

Daughter Mary (c1780) was left his chest of drawers, best bed, bedstead, furniture, sheets, blankets, and everything thereunto belonging. Tea Table & Clock, with this exception,that in case my son William return to reside in this Neighbourhood, then the Clock to be his . His daughter Jane, (c1783) had the next best bed, bedstead, furniture sheets, blankets and everything thereunto belonging. His daughter Sarah (c1786) had the other lesser Oak table commonly standing in the kitchen. Son John, (c1788) had the feather bed, etc and Jacob (c1794) had the flock bed, bedstead etc. His sister had the 'old flock bed' and so on. This Will gives an insight into the family goods which is interesting. And asking the Executors to undertake the culture of the farm on behalf of his very young children - now orphaned. William BOWN took over the farm (still called Bown's Farm today. My BOWN family ran many 'Pubs' in Gloucestershire around that time i.e. The White Hart, Stow on the Wold.

Baptised at Ampney Crucis Holy Rood

Thomas GARDENER - Giles & Dorothy - 20 April 1823 (occ Gardener)
Mary Ann GARDNER - G & D - 9 January 1825 (occ Blacksmith)

John - 7 February 1813 A & A (may be the John on the 1841 census)
William GARDNER - 17 September 1815 - Anthony & Anne
Ann GARDENER - 23 August 1818 - Anthony & Anne
Michael - 16 February 1823, Anthony & Anne

1841 Census, Ampney Crucis (transcribed as GARDN - very faint)

Anthony GARDN - 65
Jacob - 35
Ann - 20
Michael - 15

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread