COX/TINGLE Family - Cinderford, Coleford (General)

by Jean Cholak @, PA, USA, Wednesday, March 30, 2005, 14:57 (6960 days ago)

Seeking anyone with information or connections to the Frederick and Mary Ann (Leadbeater from East Dean, later married WIlliam Ball in Wales 1900)Tingle family in the FOD. Children were Frederick (Alfred ?) who married a Jennie and moved to Glamorgan, Wales), Catherine (my gr.grandmother married Edwin Lawrence Cox - emigrated to USA in 1904), Emily Jane (married Albert James Cole in England, emigrated to USA, divorced Cole and married Joseph Huskey), Sarah Anne (Annie), and Martha. Any connections to Annie, Martha or Frederick will be welcome!

The Cox line I am researching is proving even more difficult since my gr.grandfather Edwin Lawrence Cox has left a birth certificate placing his birth in Worksop, Nottingham with parents of Thomas and Louisa (Jones). It appears he applied for a copy of a birth registration in 1936 and this one was sent to him and found in my grandmother's "treasures". My aunt recorded his parents as Thomas and Louisa in the 1949 funeral record book when he died because she believed these were his parents at the time. She was only 17 at the time, so she now forgets what led her to belive this -- maybe the "wrong" birth registration??

However, his naturalization papers in the USA list his birthplace as Gloucestershire, FOD. Then again, his parents might be Edwin and Eliza found in the Nottinghamshire area and with tons of siblings! Since he never spoke of any family or heard from any family (with the exception of a funeral card for "Louisa Cox, Beloved Wife of Thomas Cox from Marsh Lane), we have some confusion on this one! He also has different DOBs - anywhere from 1865 to 1870. We believe it to be 12/12/1870. He had a half-brother, Thomas.

Is there anyone out there with info on these brick walls??

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread