Milson Hatton b1847 (General)

by peterhatton @, St Ives. Cambs. UK, Saturday, July 22, 2006, 21:27 (6538 days ago)

I am researching my family tree and have become side tracked to the youngest son of Thomas Hatton c1807 & Ann Biddington c1808. Milson Hatton, born in Yorkley, appears in the 1881 census married to 'Amey Hatton', both aged 33. Milson was a collier and Amey is shown as having been born in Oakley, Somerset. Neither appear in the 1891 census but intriguingly a Milson Hatton, apparently living in Canada with the same background credentials, appears in a search on Ancestry.com but married to Ann Elizabeth Cary. They married in 1876 but where the marriage took place is not given. Could they be the one and the same and if so what happened to 'Amey'? Was her name mis-spelled? Looking at the 1881 census page I cannot see that the name Amey could be mistaken for Annie unless, bearing in mind literary standards were poor, the census in those days were completed phonetically through a third party.

If anyone can point me in the direction of obtaining marriage details or any details post 1881 of Milson I will be very grateful.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread