Ruardean Hill Baptist Chapel Memorial Inscriptions (Announce)

by cmfenton @, Ferndown, Dorset, Monday, September 12, 2011, 19:53 (4609 days ago) @ sylviamorgan

I whole-hearted support Sylvia's comments in acknowledging the hard work done by John and May Brace in collecting and transcribing this information.

Every time I visit this small yet well maintained churchyard I discover more and more about my Forest relatives and I have now been given the chance to work on it at a distance, in the comfort of my own home and with the ability to figure out some of the more obscure connections. So far I reckon I am related or connected by marriage to 65 or so of those buried or commemorated there including most of the Meeks and all but one of the Williams!

I am also aware of the lasting affection shown by former pastors who have been buried in this graveyard. In addition to the founder, Joseph Mountjoy, the Rev's Neighbour (1895-1903), Rankin (1909-1915) and Timpany (1934-47) are interred there (in Erskine Rankin's case some 55 years after he ceased to be minister in 1915). Also Mr William Alden, who was Lay Pastor from 1949-57 is buried along with his wife.

Many thanks,

-Colin

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread