Tidenham Chase families 1850 to date (General)

by planpw, Saturday, October 01, 2011, 07:34 (4594 days ago) @ Allan White

Dear Allan,

Apologies for such a late response to your query of six years' ago. I only hope it is still of some use.

My information is at second hand and limited. My paternal grandmother, Esther Amelia Rugman (born in 1881 - and who died at Oxford in 1939) was raised in the Tidenham/Sedbury area, at Badam's Court. Her mother (who lived at Earthcott near Thornbury) died in childbirth, so my grandmother was raised by her uncle, Samuel Rugman who farmed at Tump Farm. I have a copy of a photo of her (aged about 6-7) and her uncle stood at the doorway of Badam's Court. Another cousin of mine has more phots and information relating to this connection.

I also understand that I may be related to the Joyce family who lived at Stroat House. My cousin, Mary Bruton of Oldbury-on-Severn kept in contact with the Joyce family. Her detailed records relating to this, and much more, are deposited with the Gloucestershire County Archive.

Please let me know if any of this is of interest to you - or if there are any matters you would like to pursue.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread