The Boat Inn Redbrook, and other local breweries (General)

by unknown, Monday, October 22, 2012, 20:32 (4198 days ago) @ Jefff

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your reply, I will look into those sites.
My family have always said my ggrand parents were at the Boat and yesterday i was given a newspaper clipping stating the following. Redbrook Man Sudden Death
A Redbrook man named Caleb George Brown died with tragic suddenness on Friday evening the 28th ult. He was the licensee of The Boat Inn, on the Penallt side, and not long before his death had taken a boat across the river. The inquest was held by Monmouth Coroner Mr Herbert Williams st the Bush Inn Redbrook.
Mrs Mary Jane Brown said her husband was 39 years of age , a tinworker and licensed victualler. He consulted Dr Payne, of Coleford, two years ago, and sometimes had medicine from him. He worked as usual on Friday. About eight o'clock he was sitting at a table reading a paper, she noticed her husband lean forward, she went to pass and found he was dead.
Dr J Rowland of Coleford said the deceased was his patient. he suffered from heart trouble and other ailments. He sent him some medicine on Friday. His opinion was death due to heart failure. Mr T Williams pit-wood haulier, Penalt said he was
present in the house when Mr Brown died. He could corroborate the statements of Mrs Brown. The jury of which Mr E J Smith was foreman, returned a verdict in accordance with the medical evidence.

Julia

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread