Simmonds Family, Lydbrook, c1880 (Parish Records)

by huw100 @, Resolven, Neath, West Glamorgan, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 11:36 (3586 days ago) @ Jefff

Hi Jeff, Thank you very much for your superb post, I am in awe of your knowledge and your geneaology skills. In regard to your post, I have found a few items of interest (to me) here at home such as some birth certificates and a copy of Alfred and Annie's wedding certificate. I also have a copy of Annie,s death certificate, she died of eclampsia in Canada after they emigrated there in 1929.(Alfred returned to Wales with his five children soon after).
Alfred and Annie were wed on 24th June 1911, in the district of Merthyr Tydfil, page 69 entry no. 137
their place of residence at that time was 19 Gloucester street, Aberdare.
Alfred's Parents names were Henry and Sarah
Annie's parents names were William Edward Simmonds, and Mary (Green)
Alfred was born on the 27th March 1882 in the Merthyr Tydfil district, book of births no 109, entry no 194
Annie was born in 1892 in Lydbrook, and died 29th October 1929
Alfred and Annie had five children that I knew of (my dad being the youngest of those five) but I knew there were more siblings who either died at birth or at a very young age, and whilst looking through all my dad's old papers I have come across two birth certificates of older brothers of his who died at a young age.

Thank you for your help and information it is a lot to take in in one reading so I will pour over this many times I'm sure over the immediate future.

Thanks once again, Huw Davies

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread