Mary Parry (General)

by onlyme, Thursday, September 13, 2018, 14:42 (2044 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

I think PC Smith sounds fond of Mary. I'm pleased.

I found a census record for Mary's daughter (my great grandmother) Elizabeth Sarah in 1891 aged 14 and working as a servant in Flanthony House? Parish of St Lukes. The rest is hard to decipher. Borough I think is Tewhesbury. Village Hempsted ??
She's living with Michael Vickeridge head of house brick maker and his family Mary Parry died in 1884 in Westbury on Severn as far as I know. Location was Vinney Hill. Elizabeth Sarah would have been 9. I wonder who looked after her??

The birth record I have for Elizabeth Sarah says she was born in Oldcroft West Dean. She married George Francis Wheeler in Bristol on 6 Oct 1900. George was born in Newham Gloucester in 1875 and he was the son of Mary Ann Simmonds 1849 (Woolaston, Gloucester) and John Wheeler 1849 Bromham, Wiltshire. Mary Ann's grandmother from Woolaston was also a Parry (Elizabeth 1792) but probably a coincidence.

I found a William E Parry (Mary's son born in 1861...I think, maybe ) in the Electoral roll 1832 - 1974 Mile End in 1946. He would have been very old but could be him. Also, on the same register I found a Maud Preece. Now.... Lilian Maud Wheeler was George Francis Wheeler's sister and she was born in 1882. She married Frederick Charles Preece born 1876 Westbury on Severn.

My grandmother Mary Eleanor Wheeler born 1901 in Monmouthshire was estranged from her family after she married my grandfather who was an Irish man. So, I'm starting from scratch trying to find out about the history as she never spoke of them. Seems like there was a lot of trauma in the family.

Finding out all this additional information is fabulous. Thanks so much all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread